TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
OH MY GOD Clifford Chance 2024 training contract offer !!!!!!!
Amazing news - a massive congratulations to you!

congratulations congrats GIF

Anoned

Distinguished Member
Nov 1, 2021
I agree it’s kind of strange. Kinda suspicious. So many applicants on here for the summer scheme and not a single person got to AC but many did for spring? 🤔🤔
Just for the people wondering, when I applied I selected both spring and summer as my first choice (this was possible on apply4law) and secured an AC. Therefore, technically I could be eligible to do either.

emilyrose99

Star Member
Nov 3, 2018
I can’t imagine how your feeling I’ve applied to my firm and haven’t heard yet

but because you work there maybe they might give you so hints and tips for next time or tell you where you fell down? Spending on what stage of the process you was? Xx

Thanks xx I hope it goes better with your firm!

Yes, I am planning on getting in touch with GR internally and hopefully will be able to get some feedback!

• 🤝
Reactions: Legalmel_99

allthingslegaltech

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 7, 2022
Did anyone else struggle how to approach Ropes & Gray's commercial question? I went with SPACs, BRI, and Supply Chain management as areas for the firm to target for work but think I may have missed the point completely lol

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Did anyone else struggle how to approach Ropes & Gray's commercial question? I went with SPACs, BRI, and Supply Chain management as areas for the firm to target for work but think I may have missed the point completely lol
I did SPACs as one of mine last year - talked it through with an associate I know there (who had done some APAC SPAC work) And he thought it was a good shout - did not, however, get through.

The key thing in my approach - which, though unsuccessful, was I think a good approach - was to look at the firm's existing strengths and how to leverage these into new opportunities.

Reactions: allthingslegaltech

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2019
I applied for the HSF summer vac but realised that the dates wouldn't work out and asked grad rec to change me over to the spring one which I received confirmation that they did but haven't heard anything since the deadline and have been seeing that others were required to do a blended assessment? my portal says 'company not interested' but when I click into the application, it says status: applied - should I email grad rec to clarify whether they have received my application or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.