TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

Distinguished Member
May 1, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker does it matter if you forget to tick the "as-level" under the "level" tab when it states "Secondary education subjects e.g. AS levels, Baccalaureate, HKALE, HKDSE, Scottish Highers" when putting in your as-levels after submitting your app or is that something grad recruitment would penalise you for?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker does it matter if you forget to tick the "as-level" under the "level" tab when it states "Secondary education subjects e.g. AS levels, Baccalaureate, HKALE, HKDSE, Scottish Highers" when putting in your as-levels after submitting your app or is that something grad recruitment would penalise you for?
I doubt they will even notice.

Reactions: JD

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
At this point, I mentally checked out of RS. But I got nothing yet, hope I hear back by the end of today so I can get it out of the way. Did anyone receive an AC during the rapid-fire rejection streak?
Ah good luck! I'll be so glad if someone 'comes out alive' out of this mass extinction event 😂

NaimK

Valued Member
May 6, 2019
Hey guys I received an email from BCLP. It's my feedback report from the online assessment. Does this have anything to do with me progressing to the next stage?

There isn't anything conclusive about the email. The report showed 3 of my highest scoring strengths and 1 of my lowest scoring ones. Is my application still under review?

Reactions: OB

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hey guys I received an email from BCLP. It's my feedback report from the online assessment. Does this have anything to do with me progressing to the next stage?

There isn't anything conclusive about the email. The report showed 3 of my highest scoring strengths and 1 of my lowest scoring ones. Is my application still under review?
    yes, they will invite to a first stage interview if you met the benchmark!

Reactions: NaimK

awd1998

Star Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    What's peoples advice on answering the question have you had any VC offers or TC offers already when asked in interview. Is it worth being very vague and answering truthfully but just leaving it at yes or no as the case may be and then only saying anymore of asked a follow up question. Or is it best to name the firm/s and then say something about your commitment to the firm your interviewing at. Any advice would be appreciated as had an interview today and went really well but then kinda of ended on a bit of sour note when the interviewer said I have one final question which was that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.