TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manchester12

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 18, 2021
Has anyone got tips for nerves for an Ac? I literally feel so unconfident and sound so bad when I practice interview questions! I am literally so anxious I mess up and lose such a great opportunity!

A.Diane01

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 1, 2021
    Has anyone got tips for nerves for an Ac? I literally feel so unconfident and sound so bad when I practice interview questions! I am literally so anxious I mess up and lose such a great opportunity!
    you’re there because they see your potential and you should take confidence just from that :)

This will sound weird but I remember getting feedback from a rugby coach when I went for national trials (I wasnt successful) and they said that I had the talent, I just let the occasion get the better of me as I put the event/other players on a pedestal. To that end, it always helps me to remind myself in these situations, that GR/Partners etc are only human too! They were in your spot once and really, they just want you to do the best you can! Understanding that at least, helps I think to reduce anxiety massively.

Don’t forgeat, pre game (AC) nerves can be good and I’m sure once you get into your flow & settled you’ll shine. good nights sleep (if poss), get something down you beforehand if you can and remember you’ve put the graft in and thats all you can do.

I have total faith in you, and I wish you the best of luck!

IRO

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer 5
    Jan 21, 2021
    If you don’t have your heart set on a particular seat already, I’d say try to make sure you do a transactional seat and a contentious seat so you get a taste of both!
    @thirdtimelucky Advisory seats are also worth considering! (I did two advisory seats because I plan to qualify into one of them). I’d also seriously consider any seats which the firm has a particular strength in or which are mandatory during the TC, as it might help you when deciding between TC offers as it will give you a better idea of what seats you’ll do during your TC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.