TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toilatrang

Junior Lawyer
Jun 20, 2021
I just finished Kirkland's TC interview yesterday and I keep feeling anxious over how I did and the result etc., even though I thought that the interview went well. How do you cope with the post-interview stress??
I also realised that I forgot to put my name on the written exercise (the interview was in office) and I emailed HR about it but I think it exaggerated my stress even more.

Reactions: George Maxwell

legalgemma

Distinguished Member
Jan 11, 2022
I've just been invited to an assessment centre with Irwin Mitchell (YAY!!) (Manchester office for anyone still waiting!)

however, they've only given one date and it conflicts with an LPC exam. They have said on the email that if unable to attend the allocated date it is unlikely they will be able to make other arrangements.

What should I do? @Jessica Booker is it likely that I would be able to resit the exam in summer so I can attend the assessment centre?

TCG

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
I've just been invited to an assessment centre with Irwin Mitchell (YAY!!) (Manchester office for anyone still waiting!)

however, they've only given one date and it conflicts with an LPC exam. They have said on the email that if unable to attend the allocated date it is unlikely they will be able to make other arrangements.

What should I do? @Jessica Booker is it likely that I would be able to resit the exam in summer so I can attend the assessment centre?
Congrats!!! What dates are available?

mome101

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 30, 2021
    Willkie final stage interview! OMG I am shooketh!!!!
    Thats Me Merry Christmas GIF by Freeform

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

I would explain to the firm you have an exam on that day and ask if they have any flexibility.

Reactions: AvniD

lawcurious

Distinguished Member
    Nov 23, 2021
    for telephone interviews - do you keep your answers short? Mine says its about 15 minutes and I'm wondering if that's just a rough time and might go over 15 minutes or should i try and keep my answers very short to stick to the 15 mins?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    for telephone interviews - do you keep your answers short? Mine says its about 15 minutes and I'm wondering if that's just a rough time and might go over 15 minutes or should i try and keep my answers very short to stick to the 15 mins?
    I suspect there will only be a limited number of questions and probably less opportunity to ask questions at the end. I’d expect that the interview may only have 3-4 questions.

Y-Gurl

Dec 2, 2021
    Had my Macfarlanes AC today.... Was quite tough and intense but enjoyed the interview part.

To all those who have had ACs with the firm before: How long did they take to get back to you afterwards? Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.