TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hi I've realised I made a terrible error on one of my training contract application forms 🥲. Instead of putting I did my degree at UCL I had written that it was done at UAL.

The deadline for the application was on the 3rd of June. I had submitted it before the deadline but only noticed it today when I was scanning through the form. Should I email graduate recruitment the correction and just wait for my rejection?

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi I've realised I made a terrible error on one of my training contract application forms 🥲. Instead of putting I did my degree at UCL I had written that it was done at UAL.

The deadline for the application was on the 3rd of June. I had submitted it before the deadline but only noticed it today when I was scanning through the form. Should I email graduate recruitment the correction and just wait for my rejection?
Hey @Ameliaa,

My advice would be to email graduate recruitment informing them of the mistake. Ask if it is possible for them to make the alteration. For what it is worth, I highly doubt that this will equate to an automatic rejection!

I empathise with you though as I know how stressful finding mistakes in submitted applications can be. I am sorry that you find yourself in this position too. Remember you can only do your best and try not to be too hard on yourself.

I actually sent an email asking to correct a mistake on a submitted application when I was applying. I received an email back from the Graduate Recruitment team telling me that they would make the change and not to worry!

Let me know what you end up doing and how it goes 🚀

• 🏆
Reactions: Ameliaa

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hey @Ameliaa,

My advice would be to email graduate recruitment informing them of the mistake. Ask if it is possible for them to make the alteration. For what it is worth, I highly doubt that this will equate to an automatic rejection!

I empathise with you though as I know how stressful finding mistakes in submitted applications can be. I am sorry that you find yourself in this position too. Remember you can only do your best and try not to be too hard on yourself.

I actually sent an email asking to correct a mistake on a submitted application when I was applying. I received an email back from the Graduate Recruitment team telling me that they would make the change and not to worry!

Let me know what you end up doing and how it goes 🚀
Thank you so much for the advice and sharing your experience @George Maxwell!

I have emailed Graduate Recruitment informing them of the mistake and asked them if it would be possible to make the alteration :)

Reactions: George Maxwell

ofm

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 14, 2021
    Been asked to complete a conflicts form for a VS but needs to go back three years... I can't remember the matters I worked on before 2 years ago - is this a massive problem? Thinking of submitting only including everything I can remember!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Been asked to complete a conflicts form for a VS but needs to go back three years... I can't remember the matters I worked on before 2 years ago - is this a massive problem? Thinking of submitting only including everything I can remember!
    If you do, you’ll need to make it clear that this is only what you remember working on and that other matters are missing.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: George Maxwell, GXA123 and ofm

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I’ve been accepted onto a vacation scheme without being invited to any tasks such as further tests, interviews, or assessment centres beyond the application stage. Should I be concerned hahahaha
    Email them and ring them up just to confirm this as it can be an error it happened to me with 2 lawv firms this year and appatrently their IT systems got hacked. Just chase them up to confiorm if this is correct.

Amanpreet Kaur

Star Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Hiya, just a quick one. This may be a silly q but I've downloaded the Fried Frank application question page, and within the questions, it is labelled a 'cover letter - this section is free text with no word count' but under this heading, there are 7 questions. Does this mean you are expected to submit a cover letter in addition to answering the 7 questions? Any help would be appreciated as I'm just confused lol

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    I've tested positive for covid today and my in-person vac scheme starts a week today. At what point should I email them and tell them/ask what happens if I'm still testing positive in a week?
    I’d ring them up tomorrow and have them confirm via email. Chances are you’ll be able to join, worst case scenario you’re delayed by a few days. I’m sure they’ve accounted for that in a post-COVID world. Just give them sufficient notice that they can help make arrangements for a possible WFH start and follow up again on Friday.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

corplawperson23

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 7, 2022
    Hiya, just a quick one. I am writing a TC application for a firm in which I have successfully been offered a paralegal position which I am to start in August. Are there any tips on how to incorporate this upcoming position in a 'why are you applying to us' application q?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hiya, just a quick one. I am writing a TC application for a firm in which I have successfully been offered a paralegal position which I am to start in August. Are there any tips on how to incorporate this upcoming position in a 'why are you applying to us' application q?
    Is it a temp/contract paralegal role or a permanent role?

Hus95

Star Member
    May 29, 2022
    Out of curiosity has anyone applied for and got a vac scheme whilst being employed at another firm? how did your employer handle it? as there could be conflicts and clauses in employment contracts that could restrict being able to do so

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.