TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose888

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi all, how would I justify interests in banking and finance, I have never done any sort of work experience in this area, its just something I would like to learn about in the future, would this be justifiable to an interviewer?

Ambs123

Legendary Member
Feb 19, 2021
Have a Macfarlanes AC and have never done a group exercise before. Does anyone have advice on how to do well in group tasks.
Honestly it’s not bad at all! I did it last year and the candidates were really lovely and you’re basically split into 2 teams and argue in favour of your client for an M&A case (I think ????) You’re not all fighting against each other but instead working together, it’s about finding compromise rather than winning ! :))

• ℹ️
Reactions: Fakram and SCN

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hi all, how would I justify interests in banking and finance, I have never done any sort of work experience in this area, its just something I would like to learn about in the future, would this be justifiable to an interviewer?
    it doesn't have to be work experience! but you have to show something like virtual internships, a deal you heard about, courses, legal cheek events ...

Reactions: rose888

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Honestly it’s not bad at all! I did it last year and the candidates were really lovely and you’re basically split into 2 teams and argue in favour of your client for an M&A case (I think ????) You’re not all fighting against each other but instead working together, it’s about finding compromise rather than winning ! :))
    is this like a negotiation?

Miki3999

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    Thank you so much for this. Just another question: what was the written task like?
    If I remember correctly, it was trying to mimic a trainee's daily work, so it was mostly document checking/proofreading (or was this stage one? If so, I remember a MB's task where you had to summarise a fairly long text about ESG, but I can't remember which stage was which haha sorry)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.