TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    For poeple that got to Linklaters AC - I did the work experience section but I have completely forgotten what work experiences I put down (i know very stupid of me). Does anyone know if it is possible to access it because I really do not know how 😬

bananak

Sep 9, 2021
    Hey! Does anyone know if Mayer Brown VS has any questions? I've looked but the only application question I could find is the following:
    "Please use this section to tell us about any academic or non academic achievements and interests not covered elsewhere in this application."

Any help is appreciated :)

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Hey! Does anyone know if Mayer Brown VS has any questions? I've looked but the only application question I could find is the following:
    "Please use this section to tell us about any academic or non academic achievements and interests not covered elsewhere in this application."

Hey - they don't have any long form ques on the application this cycle.

Reactions: bananak

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020

there are no questions on the application form.

Reactions: John Travoni and bananak

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker, what is your opinion on asking about hearing back just post-app? With Grad Rec having so many apps to look through, is it best to just sit back and wait for information? I have seen other people hear back from the firm but still nothing on my end
    If it has been quite a long period of time since you have applied (e.g more than 6 weeks) and you are confident other people have heard back, then you can email, especially if you need an update rather than just would like one (e.g. if you having to make decisions on your other applications or need to make other commitments that would conflict with the job offer).

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For those who received the email from Gemma at Willkie today (Or anyone if they have a suggestion) - have you responded? It looks like a more tailored email and so I was wondering if it would be seen as polite to reply with a simple thank you? @Jessica Booker
    There is no need to send a reply if it is just a general update and doesn't require you to respond/action anything.

If everyone emailed with a thank you, I suspect Gemma's inbox would be manic. If it was me, I'd just be deleting the emails anyway to keep my inbox manageable and clear.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Rob93 and AspiringTrainee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.