TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    is the higher the percentile ( for the WG) the higher the score? for example is a 76 percentile bad whereas 20 percentile good? super confused
    I was confused about this too but @Jessica Booker cleared it up in an earlier post;

'20th percentile would mean 80% of people you are being benchmarked against have done better than you. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you are being benchmarked against other candidates though - sometimes firms use other groups to assess you against.'

Reactions: Jessica Booker

UnTCSilVousPlait

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 4, 2021
    is the higher the percentile ( for the WG) the higher the score? for example is a 76 percentile bad whereas 20 percentile good? super confused
    It is the opposite of your example. 76 percentile means that you're in the Top 24% (100-76) of all the people that you're being compared against or alternatively you've scored better than 76% of the people in the comparison group.

Reactions: Jessica Booker and GXA123

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Anyone have experience messing up a couple of questions in an AC interview and still receiving an offer? My brain completely short-circuited 😅

My first AC so I'm going to treat it as a learning experience.
    Hi @PirateShip,

Yes! This happened to me. You do not have to be perfect for a firm to want you(!). Your interviewers are human too. So long as you impressed them in other ways, or demonstrated desirable competencies in other areas, it is possible to still be successful!

Wishing you the very best of luck! Let me know how it goes 🚀

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.