TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awd1998

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hi everyone. I have just been asked to partake in a psychometric assessment for Pinsent Masons (I applied to the Manchester office). It says 'based on the application you have made...'. Does anyone know if this is automated, or if this means my application was successful? Thanks
Don't think its automated. Asked a friend earlier this week who works for Pinsent Masons and he said we should all be hearing quite soon from them, like in the next couple of weeks sort of thing.

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Not sure if they have training contracts but it would still be in-house by virtue of not being a firm or government legal scheme.
Hey, thanks for the response! May be completely wrong here, but ive always been a bit confused on this point and i probably should get this sorted in my mind for the future - I sort of thought that in-house would be when you are working within a company, assisting that company with their internal legal matters. Wouldnt working in EY be more akin to working in private practice as you assist external clients in matters brought to the firm?

Reactions: GOI983

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2021
White & Case video interview!! Does anyone have any tips on how to tackle this/how best to prepare? This is my first video interview so I’m not really sure what to expect!
Hii I did my W&C VI a few days ago- it was honestly fine, pretty simple & basic questions so don’t over prepare. Mostly just know about the firm and think of answers to competency questions and you should be fine! It’s also only 3 questions so very quick to complete. I didn’t have any commercial awareness questions either.

Reactions: tc_hopeful

esther18

Junior Lawyer
Feb 4, 2021
Hii I did my W&C VI a few days ago- it was honestly fine, pretty simple & basic questions so don’t over prepare. Mostly just know about the firm and think of answers to competency questions and you should be fine! It’s also only 3 questions so very quick to complete. I didn’t have any commercial awareness questions either.
Thank you so much, this is really helpful! Did you time your answers to fit the full time slot that they gave you?

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
Haven’t heard a peep from W&C regarding my spring VS application. They emailed me at the end of Dec stating that they would get back to us in the New Year but I still haven’t heard anything.

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hi - to those that have been offered an AC with Gowling WLG - can I ask when your application portal was last updated?

I 'd really appreciate the info since my portal hasn't been updated since submitting my VI - thanks!

Reactions: GXA123

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2020
Hi - to those that have been offered an AC with Gowling WLG - can I ask when your application portal was last updated?

I 'd really appreciate the info since my portal hasn't been updated since submitting my VI - thanks!
Hi, mine was updated on the 24th but I didn’t hear anything until today, it now says updated on the 26th but I’m not sure if that’s because I booked my AC today or whether the firm has updated it again today. This is for London btw :)

Reactions: djqb

manchester12

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 18, 2021
Hi everyone. I have just been asked to partake in a psychometric assessment for Pinsent Masons (I applied to the Manchester office). It says 'based on the application you have made...'. Does anyone know if this is automated, or if this means my application was successful? Thanks
No they arent automated, well done!

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hi, mine was updated on the 24th but I didn’t hear anything until today, it now says updated on the 26th but I’m not sure if that’s because I booked my AC today or whether the firm has updated it again today. This is for London btw :)
Thanks so much! I'm also waiting to hear back re: London as well! Hoping to hear back soon given my application was last updated 21 Dec 2021 😭

Reactions: NCLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.