TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I would go into that asking questions. If they tell you who your interviewers are, prep intelligent questions about work they've been on. If there's a particular piece you want to discuss, which you'd expect all firm members to know, prep variously broad and specific questions to ask depending on your interviewers' involvement
    If you google search the deal/matter and add 'law firm' you might be able to find the firms involved. Bloomberg Law is really great for that :)
    Cheers guys!

sc29

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 26, 2021
    Hi guys, is the Mayers Brown online test automatic or do you have to pass to the next stage to do the test? I haven't received the online test yet and it's been a week now so ... :(

Solicitorhopeful3000

Premium Member
  • Oct 3, 2021
    Hey guys, I just got an invite to an assessment session for Osborne Clarke. The email says that I'll be completing a commercial exercise (including a presentation) and the Watson Glaser test. It doesn't say anything about competencies interviews, etc. Can someone confirm if this is solely commercial awareness stuff and I won't have to prep for an interview or anything? Also if someone could explain the process for Osborne Clarke (i.e. what comes after this assessment session) I would really appreciate it :)
    Congratulations! I have got one as well. I think based on the time it would be difficult that they would squeeze in an interview. Although they said they would send in more details post the slot booking. So hopefully they clarify things there!

Reactions: chi.c

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Oh congrats! So it seems like they are still handing out ACs? I applied for spring as well and have heard nothing since. I see others have completed second round interview already.
    I didn’t apply to OC or know much about them at all, but if it gives you any extra info at all, someone from my university was offered a summer vacation scheme there yesterday :)

Lian Lian

Distinguished Member
    Feb 2, 2021
    HSF AC!! 😭 I applied for the summer scheme on the deadline and I thought the firm ghosted me but they invited me for an AC yesterday (Friday!). This is my first ever AC and I am very nervous but I am just going to do my best and really give this my all!!

I hope everyone else gets good news soon as well! Manifesting this for y'all🙌🙌

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    I find it soo sad that some firms don't even have the decency to send a rejection email....I just found out I was rejected from A&O post-SJT after I logged on to their portal just to check the status of my application - like come on I feel like I at least deserve an official rejection email 😂 😂 😂

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.