TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc.la.vs

Esteemed Member
Mar 1, 2021
Haven't been on here in a while as took a post-rejection break lol...
Monday GIF

just wanted to say three things - 1) thanks again everyone for this forum it genuinely has made such a positive difference to me during this application grind. 2) saw some people talking about uni careers services -- I didn't have proper access to a good one and this may sound obvious but I really encourage everyone to make full use of the services offered!! the fact that someone will read your application/practice interviews with you or whatever will, I am sure, be incredibly useful so get as much help as you can!!

3) does anyone have any tips for the Mayer Brown job simulation step? I believe they said it also includes a video interview but am slightly confused as to the setup and how to prepare. Any insight would be much appreciated.

As always, wishing everyone the best and hope you are all well - Happy Monday

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I was just wondering your advice on how long you normally have to wait for a response post-AC? Tomorrow will be 2 weeks and I'm just wondering if that's about right or if I should follow up with the firm?
I would say it is usually within two weeks. I'd wait until either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning before contacting them though (rather than tomorrow).

Reactions: aspiringsolicitor98

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I did 100 why commercial law, 150 why gibson and the rest was why me / extra curricular activies and achievements
    Wow, you focused more on why you than why Gibson am surprised but since you reached the interview I might follow that structure also. Also thank you very much for this it is really helpful and congratulations.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Wow, you focused more on why you than why Gibson am surprised but since you reached the interview I might follow that structure also. Also thank you very much for this it is really helpful and congratulations.
    I think that this is a great strategy, the firm knows what they do and they want to know what you can bring to the table!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.