TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I have not yet heard back from Gowling. I believe they said we'd hear back in the week commencing 14 Feb - so I presume that means it could be any day this week (painful). Were you told the same - or were you specifically told 14th?
    I was told week beginning 14th and I believe the last AC is on Thursday so think we’ll hear on Friday!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    What do you guys think about Shoosmiths?
    From everything I have heard, a great firm to aim for if you are looking to work regionally. Excellent training too from what I have heard.

Been performing particularly well and has grown a good amount in recent years - I think they upped their trainee intake to reflect that a few years ago now.

I am slightly biased as I think Samantha Hope is great - she has done a lot to improve graduate recruitment in the legal sector. But I have not heard much (if anything) said negatively about them, which to me says a lot.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    From everything I have heard, a great firm to aim for if you are looking to work regionally. Excellent training too from what I have heard.

Been performing particularly well and has grown a good amount in recent years - I think they upped their trainee intake to reflect that a few years ago now.

I am slightly biased as I think Samantha Hope is great - she has done a lot to improve graduate recruitment in the legal sector. But I have not heard much (if anything) said negatively about them, which to me says a lot.
    I never attended an event but heard great things about Samatha and i believe that her social media interactions changed the GR game.
    The problem is that Shoosmiths is better on a regional level and I live in London.

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I never attended an event but heard great things about Samatha and i believe that her social media interactions changed the GR game.
    The problem is that Shoosmiths is better on a regional level and I live in London.
    They have a London office - I suspect they will still have great opportunities for trainees in that location.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    What's going on with Clyde & Co, are they still ghosting? Also does anyone know when W&C will send out VIs until, I still haven't heard from them and am praying its not going to be a PFO.
    Clydes are still ghosting but they took ages last year I think it’s because all applications get the automatic VI so that’s a lot of applications to view

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.