TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Diane01

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 1, 2021
    if you panic during a VI, and happen to press stop recording without answering the first question but continue to answer the next 4, how likely is it you’ve been written off the AC list?

…asking for a friend…

😌

Law1099

Valued Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    May I ask you what do you mean by non-conventional approach?

If you refer to firms heavily hiring from direct TC, then I would say US firms. However, bear in mind that they have small intakes.
    For what concerns UK firms, I would say that Slaughter and FF hire also from direct TC.
    Most US firms don’t hire direct tc I thought?

LS07

Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 23, 2020
    if you panic during a VI, and happen to press stop recording without answering the first question but continue to answer the next 4, how likely is it you’ve been written off the AC list?

…asking for a friend…

😌
    My opinion would be that it doesn't necessarily mean you will be written off. I think GR knows how stressful these can be and how technical errors or difficulty can happen and so provided that the rest of your answer and the following answers were good, they wouldn't necessarily reject you based on that! I wish you all the best and am sending you positive vibes!!!

SK16

• Nov 16, 2021
    Does anyone know how long Pinsent Masons take to get back after the AC? I'm hesitant of accepting another vac scheme offer before hearing back as they are my top firm, however the time to accept the offer is ticking 😅

• 🤝
    Reactions: xtinew

A.Diane01

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 1, 2021
    My opinion would be that it doesn't necessarily mean you will be written off. I think GR knows how stressful these can be and how technical errors or difficulty can happen and so provided that the rest of your answer and the following answers were good, they wouldn't necessarily reject you based on that! I wish you all the best and am sending you positive vibes!!!
    ah that’s good to know, thanks so much for the reassuring message - it’s been playing on my mind, felt like a right idiot! Wishing you the best for your application(s) too!✨

Last edited:

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    I’ve been placed on a reserve list for a VS- does anyone have any experience of this/ know how likely it is that I’ll get a spot on the scheme? Mixed feelings as it’s not a yes but it’s also not a no!
    It is impossible to say the likelihood of moving from the reserve list to the VS as there are so many variables however firms wouldn't have a reserve list if they didn't need them frequently! As we can see from previous posts in these forums it isn't unusual for people to have to drop out of a scheme for various reasons.

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2020
    Would anyone be able to shed some light on the best way to follow up with grad rec on an initial application without sounding needy and desperate! Applied over 2 months ago and haven't heard back since submitting my app and have seen people already being offered ACs - just want to know now, regardless of the outcome...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.