TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjlm25

Junior Lawyer
Dec 29, 2020
Do you reckon Freshfields are still screening apps? (direct TC) people have received WG and AC invites already but my portal was last updated on 7th Jan (day after deadline)? Trying to be hopeful here 😭
Same here - mine was updated 25th Jan - a few people on the direct tc forum received WG invites yesterday though so still a chance

RoughWood

Legendary Member
Trainee
Feb 24, 2021
Withdrawing from the recruitment process entirely. Do I just email and say I am no longer interested in the scheme? Is there a good way to put that?
I just emailed with "i appreciate your consideration for a period of recognised training at FIRM, however I have accepted another offer (or reason, not that you have to say why!) and will be withdrawing from the recruitment process. Wishing you the best with your recruitment"

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Ringed three of Pinsents' GR members and got into voicemail for all of them throughout this morning and this afternoon. Looks like I'm going to have to attend my AC tomorrow and Friday
Are you trying to reschedule? I would email and ask someone to call you back or try to go via the firm's switchboard and explain to them you are keen to speak to someone today.

rightletsdothis

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 30, 2022
    Am I the only one who completed the Akin Gump WG in November and never heard anything back (despite people in this forum receiving AC offers already?) I have so many questions about the way US firms handle their applications ... I never received a PFO or interview... nothing

Reactions: sami.rehman

Tony Stark

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 23, 2021
    I just emailed with "i appreciate your consideration for a period of recognised training at FIRM, however I have accepted another offer (or reason, not that you have to say why!) and will be withdrawing from the recruitment process. Wishing you the best with your recruitment"
    Thank you for this. I think I will go ahead and do that! The firm took 5 months to get back and I wrote them off only to be stunned with an invite today yet I had looked elsewhere already, unfortunately.

xtinew

Distinguished Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Are you trying to reschedule? I would email and ask someone to call you back or try to go via the firm's switchboard and explain to them you are keen to speak to someone today.
    I've done both of that but no responses all day. Thanks though! Just trying to ask for an update on my AC that was two weeks ago. They told us they would get back to us around this time and I'm not keen on doing taking up two spots on other ACs (tomorrow and Friday). All of these firms have the same VS dates (no other dates available).

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I've done both of that but no responses all day. Thanks though! Just trying to ask for an update on my AC that was two weeks ago. They told us they would get back to us around this time and I'm not keen on doing taking up two spots on other ACs (tomorrow and Friday). All of these firms have the same VS dates (no other dates available).
    That is frustrating - I suspect they haven't got an update for you which is why they are holding out coming back to you.

Reactions: xtinew

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    In my application, I often mention the current development of my start-up.
    However, everything is still at seed level and I am really struggling on how to bring my idea to the next level.
    Does anybody know how to get some mentorship or any kind help for struggling entrepreneurs?

Feel free to drop me a PM if you had any specific questions on this and I would be happy to help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.