TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUKI1201

Valued Member
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Hey @YUKI1201,

If you would like more generic VI advice, let me know and I can point you towards some of TCLA's resources for VIs in general.

In terms of W&C VI tips, my advice (based on doing the VI in 2021) would be to consider the firm's overall global strategy, be comfortable talking about the three whys and consider some basic competence questions!

I hope that helps 💪
    Thank you George!! 🥰

• 🏆
    Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi! Does anyone have any tips for HSF's AC?
    Hey @Crystal86,

First of all, huge congratulations for being progressed to the AC at HSF. I loved my interview (it was one of the best interview that I did when I was applying and I am still in touch with my interviewer I enjoyed it so much!).

In terms of tips, this post includes my approach to ACs in general. @James Carrabino's post here is also fantastic and is definitely worth a read (check out his post about dealing with nerves prior to your AC if appropriate too).

For HSF-specific tips, this and this post should be helpful (although the second is more about how I found the experience so perhaps is less useful than the first!). I would also highly recommend Jake Schogger's Training Contract Handbook as well as Watson's Daily for brushing up on your commercial awareness. Neville provided some fantastic advice in some posts too (1., 2., 3., 4., 5.)

Please do let me know if I can be of any further help!
    Hi guys!

Any recommendations for Watson Glaser practice resources, apart from Assessment Day/JobTestPrep/the lawyers portal?

I requested for the evaluation report from law firms and I seem to be doing okay in the arguments and assumptions sections but very poorly in 'drawing conclusions'. Because the test reports do not tell you how much you get in each section, I can't even tell which section of the conclusions sections I am messing up (most likely to be inferences though 😖)
    Hey @VS513,

TCLA's Beating the Watson Glaser Test course is fantastic. It was developed by Joe Mallet independently (I actually purchased it when I was applying) and really benefitted from it.
    Is it appropriate to email Grad Rec after a VI? I only ask because I have a time limit to accept another offer and I want to know if I have been progressed to the next stage after VI ? Would appreciate your thoughts, esp since I did the VI a week ago .
    Hey @legalgyal100,

I don't think you have anything to lose honestly. Jess may disagree with me on this, but if it were me, and I was keen to find out to make the best decision for my future career, I would definitely email to ask! 🔥

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Should you expect a response to you emailing a firm to accept a vac scheme offer and sending them your completed personal details form? I sent my response about a week ago and haven’t had a reply so was wondering whether that’s normal or should I ask them whether they received my email?
    Quite normal for them to not reply.

Reactions: Law2021vacschemer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.