TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VS513

Standard Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 2, 2021
Hi guys!

Any recommendations for Watson Glaser practice resources, apart from Assessment Day/JobTestPrep/the lawyers portal?

I requested for the evaluation report from law firms and I seem to be doing okay in the arguments and assumptions sections but very poorly in 'drawing conclusions'. Because the test reports do not tell you how much you get in each section, I can't even tell which section of the conclusions sections I am messing up (most likely to be inferences though 😖)

JSM123

Star Member
Oct 11, 2021
Hi! Does anyone have any tips for HSF's AC?
i wasn’t successful so maybe take this with a pinch of salt but from my feedback I was told in the scenario interviews my answers were not structured enough, I didn’t ask any clarifying questions on the cases they explained and I didn’t deliver advice to the clients with enough confidence.

My biggest tip would honestly be to treat the scenario more as a conversation where you are constantly clarifying pieces of information in order to get the best outcome for the client and what they exaclty want. I treated it far too much like a q&a with a correct answer at the end.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Hi guys!

Any recommendations for Watson Glaser practice resources, apart from Assessment Day/JobTestPrep/the lawyers portal?

I requested for the evaluation report from law firms and I seem to be doing okay in the arguments and assumptions sections but very poorly in 'drawing conclusions'. Because the test reports do not tell you how much you get in each section, I can't even tell which section of the conclusions sections I am messing up (most likely to be inferences though 😖)
I found a book how2become critical thinking tests really useful for understanding critical thinking tests such as the WG. It has a green cover, cost about £10 I think.

Would really recommend. I’ve never got below 85th percentile in WG for reference (where the result has been shared with me at least!).

• ℹ️
Reactions: George Maxwell and VS513

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
Dec 21, 2021
Just received a final stage interview invite with Travers- its on Wednesday (1 hr with GR Partner). Could someone please share how best to prepare for this format.
Was going to take the second half of the day off to attend... is it also worth taking the morning off (my supervisor has allowed me to but not sure if its needed as the interview in only 1 hour)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.