TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amzey2

Star Member
Jan 16, 2022
Hi @Jessica Booker ! Wanted to get your advice on something, if you don’t mind? When filling out the conflicts disclosure form for an upcoming Vac Scheme, could the fact that I did a previous Vac Scheme at a competitor recently affect my offer because of conflicts of interest?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I just saw this on Linkedin because @Jaysen reacted to this but Lets Chat Law are doing an event tomorrow about interviews which might be helpful for anyone who has interviews coming up and also from the attendance someone will be nominated to win a free TCLA premium Bronze subscription so it is a good opportunity to register for the event even if you don't have an interview.

I signed up for it and only because it said free Pizza I am guilty of that haha.

• 🏆
    Reactions: Jaysen

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hey @S87,

Congratulations on being invited to the next stage of you AC.

It is a little difficult for myself and the rest of the team to help without further context. What are your thoughts so far? Is there anything in particular that you would like advice or help with concerning the questions above?
    Sorry I have not been clear,

I think, in relation to the second question that I should link back to the role of a trainee. For example, I exercise a lot..this requires resilience and organisation and as a trainee etc..
    I am a bit struggling when it comes to the 3rd question "a topic which interests me" Can I talk about anything? How should I structure my answer?

Plus, @Jessica Booker can I get in touch with the trainees on LinkedIn and ask them a few questions?

gdelle

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2022
    I just saw this on Linkedin because @Jaysen reacted to this but Lets Chat Law are doing an event tomorrow about interviews which might be helpful for anyone who has interviews coming up and also from the attendance someone will be nominated to win a free TCLA premium Bronze subscription so it is a good opportunity to register for the event even if you don't have an interview.

I signed up for it and only because it said free Pizza I am guilty of that haha.
    I've signed up to the waiting list.

Excited to hear what your takeaways are from the event - personally, I find interviews the most daunting part of the process

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker ! Wanted to get your advice on something, if you don’t mind? When filling out the conflicts disclosure form for an upcoming Vac Scheme, could the fact that I did a previous Vac Scheme at a competitor recently affect my offer because of conflicts of interest?
    Highly unlikely to impact your offer.

Even if some form of conflict did arise, they'd just make sure you are allocated to a team where you wouldn't have any exposure to the conflict.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Sorry I have not been clear,

I think, in relation to the second question that I should link back to the role of a trainee. For example, I exercise a lot..this requires resilience and organisation and as a trainee etc..
    I am a bit struggling when it comes to the 3rd question "a topic which interests me" Can I talk about anything? How should I structure my answer?

Plus, @Jessica Booker can I get in touch with the trainees on LinkedIn and ask them a few questions?
    Yes, you can contact current or recent trainees via LinkedIn - just make sure you are clear with them why you hope to connect with them

Reactions: AvniD and S87

ap28

Aug 12, 2021
    I was writing my application to Foot Anstey's Exeter office and one of the questions asks: 'Identify a current commercial issue which has attracted your attention. Please explain why you have identified this and how you consider it to be significant to Foot Anstey? (max. 400w)'
    I have a really interesting idea to discuss which would fall under the Energy & Infrastructure sector. It is one of the firm's core sectors, but not when it comes to their Exeter office.
    Should I still write about it or should I pick something applicable to the office I am interested in?

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    Anyone have any suggestions for productive things to do between now and Summer VS start dates?

I work full time which keeps me moderately busy, but would be good to feel like I'm doing something beneficial for my career change.

I was considering doing some TC applications, but I'm curious what everyone else will be doing.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

I hope it's useful!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I've signed up to the waiting list.

Excited to hear what your takeaways are from the event - personally, I find interviews the most daunting part of the process
    Same here and I like attending these networking events as it is interesting the types of people you meet and their journey and struggles to get a VS.

It shows you the types of people who are in the same situation as you.

I have never had an interview so would not know. I find the online tests the most daunting stage at this moment.

Reactions: GXA123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.