TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    Has anyone had experience with a fieldfisher telephone interview? - Could I ask what sort of stuff they ask and what I should be preparing?
    Just a word of warning, my interview was slated as a telephone interview but it was, in fact, video conferencing.

It was generic motivational and competencies style questions. They have a set list of questions and don't often ask many follow-ups either.

oldafstudent

Premium Member
    Mar 4, 2022
    Hey everyone!

I have a vacation scheme starting on Monday and it is thankfully a hybrid scheme in which some days are virtual days. This works out great for my normal work schedule as I will have to commute back and forth from Edinburgh a few times during the scheme.

They have released the schedule and the days end at 5:30, but out of everyone's experience here, will there likely be informal/'you should go' dinners/drinks after? For example, I can take a flight at 9pm on Wednesday, but was curious as to whether I should wait until Thursday morning (before work of course).

Thanks!

Reactions: George Maxwell

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Any word from V&E anyone? Three weeks today since I interviewed
    None! I interviewed on the 15th. I'm going to wait until 1st April to ask, but the wait is killing me.

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

SCN

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 20, 2020
    Hello, guys. Probably a very stupid question but if the Ashurst Direct TC app's deadline is 31st March, it means 31st March 11:59 PM UK time, right?
    You'll have to check their website. Normally it does mean 11:59pm, but for Ashurst they always close apps at midday for some reason. Although that is for the VS though, so I don't know if that's different for TC

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.