TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak98

Jan 7, 2022
ive been refreshing my email every minute.... i aint seen nothing yet!!!!!
Hey guys, this is my first ever time posting. I heard back from Trowers today receiving my first vacation scheme!!! I’m over the moon and it’s all thanks to this forum. It’s gotten me through such hard times and so I’m so thankful for this community created. My next goal is to convert this into a training contract, so I’ll give it my best shot!!
Congratulations!! Which office was this for?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    @Asil Ahmad fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the webinar so much. It sounds like @AvniD and @James Carrabino smashed it!

As someone who didn't make it this time, I would be really interested to hear your main takeaways? Was there anything that you thought particularly stood out about the webinar in comparison to others that you have attended too?
    My biggest takeway
    @Asil Ahmad fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the webinar so much. It sounds like @AvniD and @James Carrabino smashed it!

As someone who didn't make it this time, I would be really interested to hear your main takeaways? Was there anything that you thought particularly stood out about the webinar in comparison to others that you have attended too?
    The main takeaways were that they explained the difference in the level of commercial awareness required for interviews at direct TC application than at VS interview.

Another takeaway that I was shocked about was the thing about work experience and that someone with no legal work experience got a TC through the direct TC route. Also, the session was really informal and interactive which I loved.

Nicole15

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    Had a feedback call after an unsuccessful post-AC. However, I found the feedback to be super encouraging. The interviewers said I was more than capable of doing the role and that I showed a strong understanding of the firm and showed enthusiasm for embarking on a career in law. It was my first ever interview so I am really proud of myself, although it's not the outcome I wanted, the feedback has made me want to try even harder! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.