TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

rose0904

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 6, 2021
I received a vacation scheme offer at the end of January. I replied by email to confirm my acceptance and didn't receive a response (which I understand is normal). The start date is 13th June and I haven't heard anything since. At what point should I email just to check everything's okay/ask if they need any additional information/documents etc?

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I received a vacation scheme offer at the end of January. I replied by email to confirm my acceptance and didn't receive a response (which I understand is normal). The start date is 13th June and I haven't heard anything since. At what point should I email just to check everything's okay/ask if they need any additional information/documents etc?
I would email them now and just ask if there is any further information you need to provide to them ahead of the scheme starting.

Reactions: rose0904

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
So your advice worked, @Jessica Booker ! I'm officially a Future Trainee Solicitor at Baker McKenzie. Wahoo!
Wow - that was quick! I am assuming this relates to your post about being asked to be considered for a direct TC process from last week?

Ultimately that is amazing news and a massive congratulations to you!

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
I have submitted a vacation scheme application for HCR and it was only uploading a CV. has anyone got experience of their recruitment process? And what the next steps may be
Last year I think they reviewed cv and cover letter and then you got told if you made it onto the scheme or not, there wasn’t anything else but you really need to stand out from the crowd! - however there vac scheme last year was virtual so I don’t know if the firm will do it in person this time round

Zubin

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 17, 2020
    Wow - that was quick! I am assuming this relates to your post about being asked to be considered for a direct TC process from last week?

Ultimately that is amazing news and a massive congratulations to you!

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent
    Yes it was! I just asked. They didn’t even ask me where the other offer was from or interview me or anything. They met up internally and issued me the formal offer within a week!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.