TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayC

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Jan 8, 2021
Just wondering is it okay to use the same experience/job/role to explain different skills/motivations in a cover letter? Don't want to sound like I'm repeating myself or have limited experiences.
I would say that it is definitely ok as long as it is not the exact same example of what you were doing but rather a different situation within that same experience/job/role - does that make sense?

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Just completed Simmons' verbal and logical tests and let me tell you it was almost a surreal experience, I genuinely cannot tell you what happened during that test. I feel like I had no idea what was going on despite having done multiple practices and scoring above average on the practice tests available from the platform's site. I would honestly say anybody doing it should have no expectations of themselves because its genuinely an experience like no other. The final question I had on the verbal was so long I almost died. I would say from reading comments on the forum it's almost impossible to gauge how you've done so I'm not stressed but thought I might share my experience.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Just completed Simmons' verbal and logical tests and let me tell you it was almost a surreal experience, I genuinely cannot tell you what happened during that test. I feel like I had no idea what was going on despite having done multiple practices and scoring above average on the practice tests available from the platform's site. I would honestly say anybody doing it should have no expectations of themselves because its genuinely an experience like no other. The final question I had on the verbal was so long I almost died. I would say from reading comments on the forum it's almost impossible to gauge how you've done so I'm not stressed but thought I might share my experience.
    Glad to hear someone else who felt the same way!! And that last question!!

anxiouslawyer

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 26, 2021
    Same, especially the logical reasoning one - tbh half the time I had no idea what I was doing matching up the symbols :oops:

Reactions: OB

user254

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2020
    Has anyone ever progressed to AC with Linklaters after getting Respect as their lowest scoring attribute for the CAPP test?
    If You Say So Shut Up GIF by Originals

• Haha
    Reactions: futuretraineecity

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Does anyone know if Weil asks for consistent 2.1's or a high 2.1 in every module or not as I know HSF say on their website that they require consistent 2.1's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.