TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veep9

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Just finished the Clyde & Co Video Interview for the Winter VS! Good luck to anyone else doing it!

I found it a bit tough, but nothing out of the ordinary - they focus on situational judgement for the most part, some being written responses, ranking and a couple of video responses ie how would you respond in a particular situation. Then at the end, there are three video questions about your motivations and basically to show your enthusiasm for the firm 👍 There are time limits on the video responses, but you also get a set time to prepare :).
    That was stressful! I agree, none of the questions were very difficult but there’s absolutely no way to prepare or know whether my answers were correct. I feel knackered now!

• 🤝
    Reactions: scartiller, eg412 and OB

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    No - it’s not necessary to include them if you have included them elsewhere in the application.
    Would the same go for the company's posting addresses? On the W&C application, there is no formatting option, so I can't place my own posting address to the right of the page - I assume the reason for this is that they don't want people entering their posting address.

Law2022

Legendary Member
    May 3, 2020
    That was stressful! I agree, none of the questions were very difficult but there’s absolutely no way to prepare or know whether my answers were correct. I feel knackered now!
    I feel exactly the same! So tired now. I felt like I repeated myself so much because I was just so unsure about what I was supposed to be saying! Like what do you want from me🤣

• 🤝
    Reactions: eg412 and Veep9

TK123

Jun 30, 2021
    I understand that we can't ask for specific questions for the Clyde & Co VI, but I was wondering whether the questions were mainly motivation/competency based or whether they required specific knowledge about the firm/deals they are involved in etc. Thanks!

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    I understand that we can't ask for specific questions for the Clyde & Co VI, but I was wondering whether the questions were mainly motivation/competency based or whether they required specific knowledge about the firm/deals they are involved in etc. Thanks!
    Motivational and scenario based mostly but you need to know the firm too

Reactions: TK123

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Just out of curiosity! why is no one willing to post the C&C questions to help the others and just giving general info. It would be really helpful if someone could share a bit more.
    Please note that our policy on the forums is not to provide video interview questions on the forum.

People can talk about the general themes of the questions and also provide general advice on how to prepare, but we do not feel it is appropriate for the specific wording of questions to be provided.
    See Jessica's reply to your previous post asking for questions. It undermines the fairness of the hiring process if some people are able to fully prepare for questions found out in advance compared to others who truthfully go into it with no knowledge as the firm intended them to :)

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Just out of curiosity! why is no one willing to post the C&C questions to help the others and just giving general info. It would be really helpful if someone could share a bit more.
    Posting the C&C questions gives people a very unfair advantage compared to the candidates who did the interview unseen. Especially given that the C&C questions were very specifically worded and difficult to pre-empt.

Just make sure you have very convincing Clyde motivations. The situational questions are very unique so you mainly just have to give honest answers on the spot.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    See Jessica's reply to your previous post asking for questions. It undermines the fairness of the hiring process if some people are able to fully prepare for questions found out in advance compared to others who truthfully go into it with no knowledge as the firm intended them to :)
    I totally agree but helping others would never step in your way or could take your chance. I understand where you are coming from. But, I see it like the previous applications data base and the interview experiences provided on this platform as well. Correct me if it is different. because I think we are all having unfair advantage by using the TCLA and reviewing services compared to everyone who is not.

Reactions: John Travoni

JM1998

Esteemed Member
    Mar 26, 2021
    I totally agree but helping others would never step in your way or could take your chance. I understand where you are coming from. But, I see it like the previous applications data base and the interview experiences provided on this platform as well. Correct me if it is different. because I think we are all having unfair advantage by using the TCLA and reviewing services compared to everyone who is not.
    I think it's in the terms and conditions you accept before you take the test that you won't share the questions asked in the assessment, similar to before the Watson Glaser.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    I’m sorry but having a platform like TCLA where you are able to ask for general advice regarding cover letters and how to improve your commercial awareness is COMPLETELY different from being given the exact questions in a VI. It undermines the entire process and the only person benefiting is the person asking for the questions (I.e. you). If this was the case, the entire recruiting process would be ridiculous because you would have individuals who are genuinely trying their best and working hard but getting rejected and then others who are fed the answers without any work whatsoever and progressing to the next stages.
    Let’s keep it genuine guys and fair for all x

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.