TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix for all

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 13, 2020
    I might be wrong but I think firms like Sidley and Davis Polk (particularly the latter firm) prefer university students (penultimate and final year).
    Yeah i feel when a firm doesn’t explicitly say the VS is for graduate there’s almost an implied preference for penultimate and final year students. Hence wonder if anyone had any luck with them as a graduate/career changer in previous cycles

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Yeah i feel when a firm doesn’t explicitly say the VS is for graduate there’s almost an implied preference for penultimate and final year students. Hence wonder if anyone had any luck with them as a graduate/career changer in previous cycles
    You can search up trainees at those firms on LinkedIn and see what stages they were in when they joined the firm to see if they hire many career changers etc

lila122

Star Member
    Jul 29, 2021
    Help - I just booked an interview time slot for an AC, but I want to change the time slot but keep the same day (I can see there are others I could have chosen) - should I email grad recruitment or will this look bad?

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Hi there, I just got the VI invite for Clyde & Co and they have given me 3 days to complete it (meaning I have to do it by Friday). I have a big trial with my job I am preparing for and cannot see myself having the time to complete it- do you think I can email grad recruitment asking for an extension or is that not a justifiable reason?

anxiouslawyer

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 26, 2021
    Rejection from Simmons post-tests and video interview, *sigh*. Don't know if I somehow flubbed the video interview (I thought I did well) or my test scores weren't good enough, especially the logical reasoning one with those weird symbols 🤡

• 🤝
    Reactions: M777 and OB

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Rejection from Simmons post-tests and video interview, *sigh*. Don't know if I somehow flubbed the video interview (I thought I did well) or my test scores weren't good enough, especially the logical reasoning one with those weird symbols 🤡
    Do they offer feedback at all? I assume they might not but there's no harm in asking. There were so many elements and those tests were shocking so do not beat yourself up! Onwards and upwards :)

Reactions: anxiouslawyer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.