TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    I was just invited to Travers AC and I cannot seem to find Jacob's posts last year on interview advice, would anybody be kind enough to attach the link for me?
    Congratulations! Unless Travers have changed their process this year, I believe it's an interview rather than an AC? Jacob's links can be found here: https://linktr.ee/JacobMiller1 (I think this is what you mean?)

• Love
    Reactions: corplaw0702

Ooshmate

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 12, 2020
    “Provide details of any career events you have attended e.g. insight days, workshops, presentations etc.” (250 words)

I am not quite sure how to approach this for a W&C open day app? My initial thinking is to use OWL for two or three examples.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello! I've got an application to submit for hogan lovells winter vac scheme, but since its rolling, and so close to deadline (31st Oct), it is wiser to apply for summer vac instead?

I would still apply to the winter scheme if that is your preference for vacation scheme dates or you want to potentially secure a TC ahead of the summer.

tt_xo

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 20, 2020
    Hello! I've got an application to submit for hogan lovells winter vac scheme, but since its rolling, and so close to deadline (31st Oct), it is wiser to apply for summer vac instead?
    I did my WG about 1 week and a half ago and they haven't got back to me yet. My feeling is that they are going to wait for the deadline to see what percentiles people score in for their WG, so id definitely still apply!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Not done a vac scheme before - out of curiosity, do you know how long / how much prep is needed before a vac scheme generally?
    In all honesty, it can be zero preparation, although I know many people who spend time reading up about the department they will be working in before they join and refreshing their memory on some of the key topics they may come across in their department. It shouldn't require a huge amount of time though - thinking on your feet is important if you want to be a lawyer.

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Got an AC from HSF! My first ever AC ahhh :) any tips would be really helpful from anyone that has done an AC there before !!
    I was just invited to Travers AC and I cannot seem to find Jacob's posts last year on interview advice, would anybody be kind enough to attach the link for me?
    I got a Simmons AC !!! I genuinely feel like crying
    Congratulations to the three of you, I'm sure you will all do a great job!!

Reactions: GXA123 and Jaysen

anxiouslawyer

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 26, 2021
    I did my WG about 1 week and a half ago and they haven't got back to me yet. My feeling is that they are going to wait for the deadline to see what percentiles people score in for their WG, so id definitely still apply!
    I've not got my WG link yet (though I applied for their summer scheme), how long after the app did they send it to you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.