TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltt_12

Star Member
Oct 21, 2021
[email protected] anyone know if this is the correct email for grad rec HL? they havent responded but I want to make sure that my WG results were properly received.

any thoughts on my situation?: I pressed submit a milisecond before the time was up so another window came up on my screen, and then the message appeared on my screen "this form has already been completed - thank you for your time". So im not sure if my results actually got submitted, but when I click the link this same message appears. Do you have to click submit or does your results automatically go through when time is up? send help 😰

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2021
[email protected] anyone know if this is the correct email for grad rec HL? they havent responded but I want to make sure that my WG results were properly received.

any thoughts on my situation?: I pressed submit a milisecond before the time was up so another window came up on my screen, and then the message appear on my screen "this form has already been completed - thank you for your time". So im not sure if my results actually got submitted, but when I click the link this same message appears. Do you have to click submit or does your results automatically go through when time is up? send help 😰
When I applied for their direct TC last cycle, I also run out of time as I went back to double check my previous answers. I emailed Grad Rec and they told me they received my results, so it does still submit them even if you don't get to the final submit page.

Actually made a point to finish the test with ample time remaining this year to avoid a repeat of that problem.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

any thoughts on my situation?: I pressed submit a milisecond before the time was up so another window came up on my screen, and then the message appeared on my screen "this form has already been completed - thank you for your time". So im not sure if my results actually got submitted, but when I click the link this same message appears. Do you have to click submit or does your results automatically go through when time is up? send help 😰
It will be submitted based on what you have said.

anxiouslawyer

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 26, 2021
If I have an upcoming winter VC but am still putting in applications for summer VCs in case of non-conversion, is it wise to mention that I'm an in incoming winter VC student at another firm in my apps? Not sure how this would be viewed by grad rec, @Jessica Booker any insights?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If I have an upcoming winter VC but am still putting in applications for summer VCs in case of non-conversion, is it wise to mention that I'm an in incoming winter VC student at another firm in my apps? Not sure how this would be viewed by grad rec, @Jessica Booker any insights?
You should include it - I would put it in any extra information sections, or mention it very briefly (e.g. "In addition to my upcoming winter scheme at Joe Bloggs LLP) in a cover letter/personal statement/motivational answer.

Reactions: anxiouslawyer

anxiouslawyer

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 26, 2021
You should include it - I would put it in any extra information sections, or mention it very briefly (e.g. "In addition to my upcoming winter scheme at Joe Bloggs LLP) in a cover letter/personal statement/motivational answer.
Got it thanks! So I basically use it as evidence of my commitment to a career in law? Just a bit unsure how to spin it as obviously I've not done the scheme yet so can't talk about it as work experience

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Got it thanks! So I basically use it as evidence of my commitment to a career in law? Just a bit unsure how to spin it as obviously I've not done the scheme yet so can't talk about it as work experience
It shows you are pursuing a career in law. I don’t think you need to spin it in anyway though, you can just state it factually - something like “I also look forward to completing a winter vacation scheme with Joe Bloggs LLP” - it really doesn’t need anything more than that.

The only reason it would need to be spun in some way is if the firms are very different from one another - eg local immigration firm in Sunderland, vs US PE focused firm in London.

Reactions: anxiouslawyer

qwertay

Oct 30, 2020
I did my WG about 1 week and a half ago and they haven't got back to me yet. My feeling is that they are going to wait for the deadline to see what percentiles people score in for their WG, so id definitely still apply!

ooh okay thanks, thats good to know!
HL have actually started ACs and giving out VSs but I wouldn't let this stop you from applying - I have applied to firms on the deadline in the past who were recruiting on a rolling basis and been invited to the next stage. Good luck :)

• 🤝
Reactions: lila122

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Has anyone completed the EY Cappfinity assessment/any advice for it?
I completed it on Monday. It’s basically an SJT with a couple of verbal reasoning questions. Very similar to the Linklaters CAPP assessment (obvs) as it is made by the same provider.

I don’t think you can do much in terms of preparation!
Good luck 🤞🏻

Reactions: l0133 and OB

psr23

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2020
I completed it on Monday. It’s basically an SJT with a couple of verbal reasoning questions. Very similar to the Linklaters CAPP assessment (obvs) as it is made by the same provider.

I don’t think you can do much in terms of preparation!
Good luck 🤞🏻
Did you receive any feedback from it? I completed EY's SJT weeks ago and haven't heard anything since

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.