TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaz

Distinguished Member
Sep 29, 2019
Anyone heard back from Linklaters? Definitely thinking PFO now
I had my AC on Tuesday and I believe they were only running WVS ACs on Monday-Wednesday. They told us that there was a spot for everyone who attends the AC. I expect that positions will open up if those at the AC were unsuccessful. We are supposed to hear back by next week so don't lose hope!

psr23

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2020
I had my AC on Tuesday and I believe they were only running WVS ACs on Monday-Wednesday. They told us that there was a spot for everyone who attends the AC. I expect that positions will open up if those at the AC were were unsuccessful. We are supposed to hear back by next week so don't lose hope!
Ok, thank you!!

• 🤝
Reactions: Shaz

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I have cracked and emailed Simmons to ask for an update on my winter vs application. Preparing now to jump every time I get an email only for it to be Amazon offering me yet another water descaler 🙄
    Did you get a reply? I'm still waiting over here too lol

Reactions: Sel

atrumregina1

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 5, 2021
    Anyone know which firms have relatively 'generic/easy' applications? I am currently working full time and unfortunately barely have any time to write applications, let alone do research into v niche questions on some apps.
    Unfortunately even the “straightforward” applications require extensive research into the firm and even if you find the app easy, you could still get very niche interview questions. I also work full time and find it very difficult to spend hours in research but best practice is to just start with one firm that you are interested in (you might find it easier to apply to a firm you really like and know a lot of thinks about) and then expand.

LEL

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 22, 2020
    Anyone know which firms have relatively 'generic/easy' applications? I am currently working full time and unfortunately barely have any time to write applications, let alone do research into v niche questions on some apps.
    Hard to answer because most firms have numerous questions/a cover letter! Linklaters is the most straight-forward application I can think of - you need to complete their online assessment and a Watson Glaser test. But if you progress you will have to answer some questions I believe. Maybe other people can chip in if they know any other similar firms re their application?

• 🤝
    Reactions: gg332dd, Rob93 and ellwilsen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.