TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamTam99

Legendary Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hi everyone! could someone who had experience with Addleshaw Goddarda tell me more about their process. I cannot seem to find it online.
Going off of my experience last year it’s an application form followed by a voice interview followed by an assessment centre comprised of a written exercise, case study and partner interview!

Reactions: GXA123

User274302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
Super excited to have just been invited to interview for Travers winter vac scheme! If anyone has done it, I would be so grateful to hear your tips/any advice, the grad recruiter I spoke to on the phone didn't give away many details and I haven't received any emails yet with more info...!
Congrats! Best of luck. I'm still waiting to hear back :/ how did they let you know? And was it on a Saturday?

Reactions: ellwilsen

zlegal

Aug 5, 2020
Unsure whether to apply to summer vac schemes if the dates listed clashes with my graduation ceremony. Would it be appropriate to ask for a day off during a vac scheme for graduation?

lila122

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Random question, but in interviews that aren’t virtual, is going in for a handshake the done thing still? Is it an elbow to elbow greeting these days? Should I wait just to see what interview goes for? Not sure what’s normal anymore....

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Random question, but in interviews that aren’t virtual, is going in for a handshake the done thing still? Is it an elbow to elbow greeting these days? Should I wait just to see what interview goes for? Not sure what’s normal anymore....
    I don't think an elbow to elbow would be appropriate in a formal environment.

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    I had an in person interview a few days ago and it ended with a handshake. Felt very odd after a year+ of avoiding social contact! I took the approach of what the interviewer was comfortable with so waited for them to initiate it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Unsure whether to apply to summer vac schemes if the dates listed clashes with my graduation ceremony. Would it be appropriate to ask for a day off during a vac scheme for graduation?
    It is quite common for people to have 1 day off RoF the scheme is three weeks or more. I personally wouldn’t advise it for a scheme of only 1-2 weeks though.

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 10, 2020
    Hi all, for Latham & Watkins' video interview, how long do candidates have to answer each question, and how much 'thinking time' do we have before answering? @Dheepa - do you remember how long was yours? thanks! :)

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi all, for Latham & Watkins' video interview, how long do candidates have to answer each question, and how much 'thinking time' do we have before answering? @Dheepa - do you remember how long was yours? thanks! :)
    Hey! So if I remember correctly it’s 90 seconds per answer!

Reactions: kitty_kat

Ziaskia

Sep 16, 2020
    Hello @Veep9,

I know that this has been touched on by another user- but do not panic. Graduate Recruitment get this a lot from what I have heard, and they were always lovely when I contacted them about it. HSF's GR team (from experience) are really great people (and are very friendly) so do not panic! I would personally just wait to hear back from them via email.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @Scandi,

Firstly, I want to say a huge congratulations 🙌 . If there are any questions that come up for you between now and your VS, please do ask. We are here to support you.

Secondly, your question about deferral is very normal. I know @Jessica Booker touched on this already for you, but it is entirely fair enough for you to ask. Graduate Recruitment will have been asked before (and they will understand that some candidates have other scheme offers!).

@RS31,

Again, I know that @Jessica Booker touched on this, but I wanted to say that I empathise! I had this issue with a VI (and got through). It will not mean that you are automatically rejected speaking from experience :).

Hi @Ziaskia,

As with my congratulations for @Scandi above, I really want to emphasise that this is a huge achievement. Take stock of the fact that you have made it this far and that the firm sees something in you (on paper at least!).

I am going to tag @James Carrabino and @AvniD, as I do not have experience of the Links AC personally (and they might). Alternatively, we can definitely try to advise you on ACs in general. What have you been told to expect so far?

Looking forward to hearing your reply soon! :)
    Hi @George Maxwell

Thanks for your kind words!!! The email invite just said it will consist of a case study interview as well as a HR interview. I am most concerned about the case study but from the information I could find it seems it will be M&A related.

Reactions: George Maxwell
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.