TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    Does anyone know how many words is appropriate for W&C's cover letter? Is 900 too many?
    Mine was 870 ish and I proceeded to the next stages so I think 900 is okay as long as everything is in there for a reason. They are really hot on finding sentences that did not need to be there - it is a reason for the no word count.

LongSufferingLawGrad

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 7, 2021
    Mine was 870 ish and I proceeded to the next stages so I think 900 is okay as long as everything is in there for a reason. They are really hot on finding sentences that did not need to be there - it is a reason for the no word count.
    Agreed - mine was approx 850 and progressed. I would say be reflective and critical - trim away anything that doesn't 100% add value. Sometimes less is more!

LongSufferingLawGrad

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 7, 2021
    Crikey how do people not get discouraged? I’m only on my second cycle and I don’t know if I can keep doing this merry-go-round! I honestly don’t know what more I can do/give? Off to eat chocolate and hug my retriever, touch grass lol

Head up and remember it's not personal! Each app will be better than your last and much of this process is reliant on luck!

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Crikey how do people not get discouraged? I’m only on my second cycle and I don’t know if I can keep doing this merry-go-round! I honestly don’t know what more I can do/give? Off to eat chocolate and hug my retriever, touch grass lol
    Take some time off from the apps, a few days if you’ve been on it for a while to recoup your energy, lots of walks with the retriever! It will then help to come back to the table with a fresh mind and more motivation ☺️

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    How does one improve in CAPP anyway? What are they even looking for? I scored really high on WG and have been failing CAPP for two years now :(
    Try 'JobTestPrep'? You do have to pay but it might help. And there are others that are CAPP-specific. From memory (I did some last year) it's more a 'tendency' ie personality thing than the WG which is pretty much academic/thought based. Bright Network might have some resources too? I am sure if you do some Googling you can at least answer your own question, which might be comforting....! Sorry it's not feeling like it's going your way but if this is fixable, then you can fix it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.