TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

letmeintolaw

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2021
Does anyone have any points on how you would approach this application question? Really appreciated

'Name a business you admire for its strategy, tell us why and tell us what you consider will be important to the business in terms of the legal services which it sources.'

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Latham's AC has a 30-minute written exercise (not M&A) - I feel this is so short! Any ideas of what content could be given and they would expect us to reply within such limited time?
Hey! Im a future trainee at Latham so hopefully this helps :)

I found the written exercise to be very time pressured to be honest. For my AC personally, there was no legal elements at all, it was more of a business report(?). There was a lot of documents to read so make sure you identify which ones are most important to the situation at hand and make sure you identify the most salient points in those documents. I found PESTLE and a Porters 5 forces analysis to be really helpful!

Also, don't stress about fitting absolutely everything in - in my feedback, I was actually told that some of my points weren't correct and I had some spelling errors. Despite this, I was successful! Obviously try to limit errors but making a mistake isn't the be-all-and-end-all.

Feel free to DM me for more info!

xtinew

Distinguished Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Very late but I've just been invited to complete the Clyde & Co Cappfinity/VI. I am aware that many of done this already. Do you have any advice with regards to this? Is this similar to the Linklaters Capp?

Oof two VIs to complete

ps123

Star Member
    Oct 15, 2021
    W&C / broader general question, I said I could do any one of the three vacation schemes (Winter, Spring, Summer) - given the winter scheme is clearly a no, am I likely to receive a PFO soon or after they've finished recruiting for the summer one? thanks:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.