TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAA_a

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 14, 2019
W&C / broader general question, I said I could do any one of the three vacation schemes (Winter, Spring, Summer) - given the winter scheme is clearly a no, am I likely to receive a PFO soon or after they've finished recruiting for the summer one? thanks:)
Same, heard nothing re winter, don't know if that means a PFO or if they are considering us for spring/summer.

Reactions: ps123

refy

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 19, 2021
I did my HSF online assessment yesterday and received my feedback report immediately, but never got a confirmation from HSF saying they're reviewing my results / if I have passed the benchmark.. Should I be worried?

Reactions: hannaheshaw04

tc.la.vs

Esteemed Member
Mar 1, 2021
I’ve just been offered the Slaughter and May winter workshop! Over the moon as I was really down about my Linklaters rejection today and my HSF one a couple of weeks ago. Definitely thought it was my weakest application as well!
Congratulations!! I'm sure all of your applications were great - maybe it's just the classic luck of the draw situation

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
I’ve just been offered the Slaughter and May winter workshop! Over the moon as I was really down about my Linklaters rejection today and my HSF one a couple of weeks ago. Definitely thought it was my weakest application as well!
Just got offered a place too! Can't wait to meet you there (virtually)

golden99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
Hey guys, I was recently rejected from A&O post AC and have been rejected from one other firm at AC (albeit a firm not near the stature of A&O). I was wondering how many AC's some of the future trainees had before they were successful? I am a little worried, as I seem to struggle with them. In addition, due to personal circumstances, I have only made three applications so far this cycle (one of them A&O) and whilst I'm hoping to get another two away this month, it starting to seem unlikely I will get something this cycle.

tc.la.vs

Esteemed Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hey guys, I was recently rejected from A&O post AC and have been rejected from one other firm at AC (albeit a firm not near the stature of A&O). I was wondering how many AC's some of the future trainees had before they were successful? I am a little worried, as I seem to struggle with them. In addition, due to personal circumstances, I have only made three applications so far this cycle (one of them A&O) and whilst I'm hoping to get another two away this month, it starting to seem unlikely I will get something this cycle.
The rejection is a killer I completely get where you're coming from. You just have to keep trying and going to events etc until something sticks! In terms of advice, get as much feedback from the places you had ACs at as you can - then you can focus in on what to improve for your next one. There are some v useful resources on here too for stuff like case studies so make the most of those. It can seem pretty bleak sometimes but getting to the AC stage is impressive in its own right so try and keep trucking. And for context I failed 3 ACs before I got a vac scheme. Best of luck

lila122

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Hi guys, how long are peoples STAR competency answers in general? Want to keep mine concise but heard some people get feedback that they didn’t go into enough detail? Help would be really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.