TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jv1999

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 11, 2021
If you have a VS secured for Spring but prior to that have already sent off a bunch of applications for Spring Schemes, at what point would it be advisable to ask for your application to instead be considered for the Summer Scheme?

Should you wait until you have secured the offer then ask? Or maybe explain at interview? Or just email Grad Rec as early as possible (at the application stage) to move your application from the Spring to the Summer Scheme?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If you have a VS secured for Spring but prior to that have already sent off a bunch of applications for Spring Schemes, at what point would it be advisable to ask for your application to instead be considered for the Summer Scheme?

Should you wait until you have secured the offer then ask? Or maybe explain at interview? Or just email Grad Rec as early as possible (at the application stage) to move your application from the Spring to the Summer Scheme?
Wait to see if you are invited to interview, and at that stage ask whether you can convert your application over to another programme (eg ahead of you booking in for an interview).

• ℹ️
Reactions: WillF and jv1999

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020

Congrats. Which firms started confirming for spring?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is there a way to email grad rec for a firm to ask for an update on when they may be communicating decisions without looking pushy/prejudicing my application?
    Detail what you have applied to and state your full name clearly, and just ask (with a please) if they could provide an update or timescale as to when you will hear back. No need to put anything much more than that, unless you are sat on other offers that would stop you from taking up the position if they were to progress your application. If this is the case, just reference you have recently received an offer and before you accept you are keen to understand the status of this application.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: ellwilsen

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    On my Clifford Chance portal it says updated today and I submitted over a week ago. Is this a good sign or not? I’m worried I’ve been rejected already
    Hey!

Same here. My app says it was "last updated" on 18/11/2021. I submitted 10/11/2021. No WG test invite received but I passed it in a previous cycle so I'm hoping for a straightforward reject/accept email.

From past experience, "last updated" may mean:
    • application has been opened by CC
    • application has been reviewed/read by CC
    • application has been reviewed and a decision has been made by CC
    • application has been sifted into a different pile (for whatever reason) by CC
    Either way, "last updated" means an action has been taken by CC (unless you updated your app). Opening your app doesn't change the "last updated" status.

Reactions: bibss

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Hey!

Same here. My app says it was "last updated" on 18/11/2021. I submitted 10/11/2021. No WG test invite received but I passed it in a previous cycle so I'm hoping for a straightforward reject/accept email.

From past experience, "last updated" may mean:
    • application has been opened by CC
    • application has been reviewed/read by CC
    • application has been reviewed and a decision has been made by CC
    • application has been sifted into a different pile (for whatever reason) by CC
    Either way, "last updated" means an action has been taken by CC (unless you updated your app). Opening your app doesn't change the "last updated" status.
    I only applied on Wednesday and my app updated today. Let’s hope they don’t leave me hanging for ages, which is what I suspect will happen anyway 🤣

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.