TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Also with Pinsent Masons, anyone know what I should do? when inputting Education, its a drop down bar for secondary school education. I attended school outside of the UK but it wont let me custom input schools.. do i just leave it blank? I cant select any of the school names that appear cause its just secondary uk schools

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Also with Pinsent Masons, anyone know what I should do? when inputting Education, its a drop down bar for secondary school education. I attended school outside of the UK but it wont let me custom input schools.. do i just leave it blank? I cant select any of the school names that appear cause its just secondary uk schools
There is likely to be a “other” option to select.

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Hi guys, with regards to this question: "Please outline your most significant achievement to date and how this was achieved? The example you choose can be from within or outside your academic career.", and specifically the "how was this achieved" part, does the firm want me to explain step by step what actions I took to achieve it? Should I mention any skills I used, or just generally talk about what I did? @Jessica Booker please can you advise?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys, with regards to this question: "Please outline your most significant achievement to date and how this was achieved? The example you choose can be from within or outside your academic career.", and specifically the "how was this achieved" part, does the firm want me to explain step by step what actions I took to achieve it? Should I mention any skills I used, or just generally talk about what I did? @Jessica Booker please can you advise?
    It doesn’t necessarily need to be a step by step account, but you should be explaining the key actions you took to accomplish the achievement. I don’t think you necessarily have to talk about the skills you used - these might be obvious from your actions. If they are not obvious, then it might be ok to explain the skills, but 9 times out of 10 I suspect these can be clearly inferred from your description anyway.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Morning guys,

Did you have to complete two tests for Reed Smith? Plus, how long after did you receive the report?
    No. If it says on your portal that you have to complete 2 tests, it’s a mistake. I got the same notifications a couple of weeks ago and GR sent an email stating it was an error on their end and obvs that you only had to complete one test.

Reactions: S87

ZaraN

Standard Member
    Oct 31, 2021
    Does anyone know what the Slaughter and May written exercise consists of? E.g. is it M&A based, how long do they give you to do it, and how many pages is the document? Would appreciate any help :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.