TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole15

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    Thank you and to everyone else who replied as well.

Their cover letter is limited to 300 words only, which is why I asked in the first place. Because they sort of set out what they are looking for in the wording of the question, and with such a limited word count, I wasn't sure if I should/can include much on "why law."

I would have followed the "why law" "why firm" "why me" structure in a longer cover letter.
    You're welcome!

It can be really tricky when you're restricted to a small word count. However, one of the key skills a commercial lawyer will have is a good command of written communication. Lawyers are required to summarize their legal advice/opinion in a comprehensive way that is digestible to the client. So I think when it comes to drafting your various apps, it can help you work on being more concise. You'd be surprise at how many words we can waste sometimes that don't add any further meaning/value to our overall answer! That being said, it isn't easy.. it's a skill that we all have to work (myself included!) - Wishing you all the best of luck with your app! :)

golden99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    Hi there, I submitted my Hogan Lovells app on 15th November but still have not received Watson Glaser. Do you think it's been long enough to email? Also how long has it taken for any of you guys to receive the test link? Thanks

Reactions: TJ370

EVjuji

Valued Member
    Nov 29, 2019
    CC WG invite!!!
    2023 CC WG Test!

*Doja Cat voice* get into it yuh

CONGRATS!!! This is a huge achievment! So happy for you guys :)

Congratulations Congrats GIF

• 🏆
    • Love
    Reactions: Jaysen, GXA123 and OB

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    This is what the website says "Shortly after submitting your application, you will receive an email from us asking you to complete an online Watson Glaser critical reasoning assessment. This takes approximately 30 minutes and should be completed within 5 days of receiving our email with instructions".

And after completing the WG I received an email saying that I passes the benchmark and my app will move to the reviewing stage.

also they are non rolling so I doubt that the WG is not automatic.

Just for everyone who is waiting, I believe you will defiantly get one. Best of luck to everyone

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2020
    This is what the website says "Shortly after submitting your application, you will receive an email from us asking you to complete an online Watson Glaser critical reasoning assessment. This takes approximately 30 minutes and should be completed within 5 days of receiving our email with instructions".

And after completing the WG I received an email saying that I passes the benchmark and my app will move to the reviewing stage.

Just for everyone who is waiting, I believe you will defiantly get one. Best of luck to everyone
    It's slightly different for the 2023 TC because they had less spaces! Not sure if they are sending them out in batches for the 2023 TC or all in one go but you only get it once you've passed the app review stage! and I'm not sure if its affected if you've passed it in previous years (i.e., you had previously passed it, you wont get sent it you'll automatically get reviewed) :)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020

Taken from CC website:
    https://careers.cliffordchance.com/london/apply-now/how-we-hire.html

If you are applying to London Training Contract 2023 we will send you the Watson Glaser test after your application deadline if your application is being progressed further - you will have 5 days to complete the test.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    It's slightly different for the 2023 TC because they had less spaces! Not sure if they are sending them out in batches for the 2023 TC or all in one go but you only get it once you've passed the app review stage! and I'm not sure if its affected if you've passed it in previous years (i.e., you had previously passed it, you wont get sent it you'll automatically get reviewed) :)
    Oh ok I wasn't sure people were referencing the 2023 TCs. But everything I mentioned above is for the 2024 TC. again good luck to everyone

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Taken from CC website:
    https://careers.cliffordchance.com/london/apply-now/how-we-hire.html

If you are applying to London Training Contract 2023 we will send you the Watson Glaser test after your application deadline if your application is being progressed further - you will have 5 days to complete the test.
    I am talking about the 2024 TCs and the general recruitment process. CONGRATS TO EVERYONE APPLYING TO THE 2023 TCs. good job everyone 😍😍😍

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.