TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Would it be suitable to mention achievements in a 250-word application question that only asks for extracurricular activities? @Jessica Booker

There doesn't seem to be any other place in the application to mention achievements, so I'm thinking I might just try and squeeze it in there

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
That's a good question,

@Jessica Booker would write something like "Dear Mathieu, I am a paralegal with x years experience applying.." or just Dear Mathieu I am applying to Skadden because xyz"
It should be in an appropriate letter structure - eg

Dear Mathieu,

Whatever your opening sentence wants to be.

Reactions: S87

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2020
CC pfo just came through 😓 thought my app was really strong, not sure where i went wrong
I think you just have to remember that so many people apply for CC and its not a reflection on you at all! If anything, the amount of time you spent on the app will only help you in the future when applying to other roles, and there will be something out there for you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.