TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsorandini

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Oct 8, 2021
Hey @Parsorandini,

I am really sorry to hear about this. It sounds like it was an error on their end, not yours.

In my experience GR are very understanding about this sort of thing. I would honestly just wait to hear back and not to make any assumptions about what might happen. I was able to retake VIs where there was a technical glitch when I was applying for example!

Let us know what happens. I really hope IM get back to you soon 🤞

Hey George, thanks so much for that. It's great to hear that you got to retake one, fingers crossed for similar for me! All I can do is wait I guess. :)

hannaheshaw04

Jul 24, 2021
Hi, I received the link to Irwin Mitchell's VI on 1/12 and it says The deadline for completing this video interview is 7 calendar days from this email being sent.

Does this mean it is due today or tomorrow please?

Lawfulx

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Hi! I'm sorry if this has already been asked. But I was wondering if anyone has tips regarding the DLA Piper App QS? I feel like I'm struggling with 1) what they really mean with business news story? Like can it be any news that's about a business or something specific that they are looking for and 2) how to actually structure and answer this? Do we first mention which business news story, explain what happened and why we chose that one?

GOI983

Esteemed Member
Sep 15, 2021
Just completed the Mayer Brown JS. For all those who got the invite, it’s essentially a VI, written assessment & SJT rolled into one. That’s unfortunately as much info as I can give in order to preserve the integrity of the assessment and all, but preparing as you would for those individually will prepare you for it.
Please answer this one question: are there motivational questions?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! I'm sorry if this has already been asked. But I was wondering if anyone has tips regarding the DLA Piper App QS? I feel like I'm struggling with 1) what they really mean with business news story? Like can it be any news that's about a business or something specific that they are looking for and 2) how to actually structure and answer this? Do we first mention which business news story, explain what happened and why we chose that one?
They won’t be looking for anything in particular, but I would pick a story that could impact them either directly as an organisation or indirectly impact them via their clients.

The elements you have highlighted are all important to include. It doesn’t really matter whether you explain your interest in the story first or last.

Reactions: Lawfulx

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
For anyone that’s applied to Gowling when I applied last year the deadline was 10th December and we heard back fast because the deadline for the test was 20th of December

the deadline this year was 3rd so I’d assume maybe end of this week/next week you’ll all hear back?

Lawfulx

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
They won’t be looking for anything in particular, but I would pick a story that could impact them either directly as an organisation or indirectly impact them via their clients.

The elements you have highlighted are all important to include. It doesn’t really matter whether you explain your interest in the story first or last.
Thank you! 😊

MLD

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 6, 2021
Hi! Does anyone know when we are told if we've passed the benchmark for the HSF test?
I completed the test on the 6th and didn't receive an email confirmation for completing it, so I'm a bit worried.

Reactions: anon123456789

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    For anyone that’s applied to Gowling when I applied last year the deadline was 10th December and we heard back fast because the deadline for the test was 20th of December

the deadline this year was 3rd so I’d assume maybe end of this week/next week you’ll all hear back?
    They said in the email that they would get back to everyone by the 22 dec and for sure before Christmas

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.