TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    Hi! Does anyone know when we are told if we've passed the benchmark for the HSF test?
    I completed the test on the 6th and didn't receive an email confirmation for completing it, so I'm a bit worried.
    Mine was the same, I took the test on the 6th and did not receive any sort of confirmation until yesterday at like 4PM, a confirmation that I had passed then followed quickly after that. I wouldn't stress though as they will probably be sending them out in batches- it seems they weigh up a number of different outcomes from the test in order to decide whether you have met the benchmark e.g. time you took and accuracy etc.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    For anyone that’s applied to Gowling when I applied last year the deadline was 10th December and we heard back fast because the deadline for the test was 20th of December

the deadline this year was 3rd so I’d assume maybe end of this week/next week you’ll all hear back?
    Website says we'll hear before xmas and then VI would be over the xmas break :)

Reactions: Legalmel_99

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    is this a standard rejection email - did anyone else get this for the WS? Look like a reserve list email maybe

Thank you for your application to Stephenson Harwood. I am writing to give you an update on your application.

As you may be aware competition for places has been very strong. With this in mind, we will not be proceeding with your application for our winter scheme but would still like to consider you for our spring and summer placement schemes and for a training contract in due course.

If you no longer wish to be considered for a placement scheme or training contract please do let me know. Otherwise we will be in touch soon with the progress of your application.

Thank you for your continued patience. In the meantime, please do let me know if you have any questions.
    I was straight up rejected a week later for SH this year but last year after a few months I ended up at first interview stage so I wouldn't be disheartened by this!

Reactions: thirdtimelucky

MLD

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 6, 2021
    Mine was the same, I took the test on the 6th and did not receive any sort of confirmation until yesterday at like 4PM, a confirmation that I had passed then followed quickly after that. I wouldn't stress though as they will probably be sending them out in batches- it seems they weigh up a number of different outcomes from the test in order to decide whether you have met the benchmark e.g. time you took and accuracy etc.
    Thank you for your reply!
    I just got an email I passed! Fingers crossed we continue to the next stage! 😊

• 🏆
    Reactions: rose888 and anon123456789

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Does anyone know, because the Clifford Chance website says that 2024 TC is typically for final year non-law students and penultimate law students, if I am a master's student studying part-time (graduating in 2023), will I be eligible for the 2024 TC as well?

LegalPersona

Junior Lawyer
    Nov 15, 2021
    So I completed my HSF online test yesterday at 11am. Still have not heard anything regarding the outcome. I’ve seen that people normally get confirmation of reaching the benchmark a few hours after the completion of the test. Starting to worry now. Anyone here in a similar position?
    Yes me! I did the test yesterday afternoon and still no report.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.