TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
I still haven't had any updates on my application to CC 2023 TC, last updated December 2nd. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm assuming they sent me a PFO but it hasn't come through anywhere in my inbox (includes spam/junk) - emailed them about it but haven't heard so far
Did you get the profile of interest email?

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2021
is this a standard rejection email - did anyone else get this for the WS? Look like a reserve list email maybe

Thank you for your application to Stephenson Harwood. I am writing to give you an update on your application.

As you may be aware competition for places has been very strong. With this in mind, we will not be proceeding with your application for our winter scheme but would still like to consider you for our spring and summer placement schemes and for a training contract in due course.

If you no longer wish to be considered for a placement scheme or training contract please do let me know. Otherwise we will be in touch soon with the progress of your application.

Thank you for your continued patience. In the meantime, please do let me know if you have any questions.
I received the same email yesterday. Wasn't sure whether it was an email they send to everyone. I applied beginning of November, so it might just be a case of applying a bit too late.

• 🤝
Reactions: GK8997

Y-Gurl

Dec 2, 2021
Hi ,

This may seem an obvious question but this is my first application cycle so forgive me!

When filling in the fairly standard parts of application forms like work history/experience, and extra curricular interests is it best to just talk about yourself or link to the individual firms to show you are a good fit for them? Obviously I don't mean in a gratuitous way. I am thinking of an example of work experience which illustrates your interest in business and then linking that to a firm seeking commerciality in its trainees.

Or is it best to keep the linking to the firms to the questions?

Any advice here would be welcome. Thanks very much.

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Hey all,

Please type your cover letter below to be read by the Graduate Recruitment Manager. You do not need to address it to a person or to include your/our address (max. 300 words).

I understand that this means that I would not need to put Dear [NAME] and Yours Faithfully / Sincerely, but would I need to at least introduce myself as you would in a standard CL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.