TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellybelly123

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
I wasn't aware that was something Forage did. Sounds odd to use that when you could just use the firm's teleconference software like Zoom or Teams. To me that suggests it is more of a simulation rather than working in a team of solicitors.
The Slaughter and May Winter Workshop is on Forage and Teams! I was expecting it to be somewhat interactive - hopefully not a just a simulation 🤞

Reactions: George Maxwell

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Thanks for your reply - sorry I should have made it clearer, I was referencing the firms that are using Forage to host their winter vac schemes and not the free internship simulation programmes on Forage. Sorry for the confusion!
    Hi - I did Travers' virtual scheme in the summer that used Forage but it was mainly used to share resources/tasks and the schedule for each day with links to Zoom sessions was also on there. We also had to submit our assessed assignments through it. The vac scheme was very interactive and Forage was really only used as an administrative tool. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Anonymous28377

Dec 10, 2021
    I received relatively bad first year grades (59% overall) but in second year ended with 68%. I’ve got through to interviews and always passed the initial selection process. This is my first cycle but I’m assuming once you get to interview your grades are already approved as ‘good enough’. I also think it depends which modules you do in first year and your specific grades for those modules like contract law, equity, land etc. as those are the modules firms look out for.
    Thank you for your reply! :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    The Slaughter and May Winter Workshop is on Forage and Teams! I was expecting it to be somewhat interactive - hopefully not a just a simulation 🤞
    The more interactive elements are likely to be on Teams while I suspect you will just be going through a modular simulation on Forage.

From other posts, it seems that Forage is used to assess an assignment and for information to be shared on, but that the interactions with people will be outside of Forage - so in your case on Teams. I am not surprised to hear this as I thought Forage didn't have any live video capability (why it has to be used alongside Zoom or Teams)

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    Out of curiosity, which attributes have people got for Linklaters CAPP this year?

I got Commercial Thinking and Working with Others as my top 2.

Resource and Work management as my weakest :)

Scored in the 78th percentile for the WG.
    Congrats on your score! I still need to email grad rec so thanks for reminding me 🤣

My top two were motivation and respect and my worst was resource and work management ✌️ my results are different every year lol

jellybelly123

Star Member
    Nov 1, 2021
    Out of curiosity, which attributes have people got for Linklaters CAPP this year?

I got Commercial Thinking and Working with Others as my top 2.

Resource and Work management as my weakest :)

Scored in the 78th percentile for the WG.
    My lowest scoring attribute was critical thinking on the CAPP but then I scored in the 93rd percentile for the WG - hoping they will cancel each other out?! 🤞

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.