TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOI983

Esteemed Member
Sep 15, 2021
Emailed hogan lovells about watson glaser result last week and not heard back. Should I presume bad news, heard they’ve replied to others. Considering calling
I emailed them in relation to requesting my WG results, and the person who responded did not send me them. Instead, they said "we'll be in touch in due course with the outcome of your application" (this was sent to me yesterday - Monday 13th)

ar2r

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
The Weil VS application asks 'think of a current commercial issue that has recently attracted your attention. Why does it interest you, why do you consider it to be significant and how do you think this will impact Weil’s clients?'
Is it ok to discuss a commercial trend/ topic which isn't an 'issue'? (i.e. PE's interest in music rights as an asset class)

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Anyone know how long it takes for your Simmons & Simmons Judgement Test to process? I took it now a few days ago and on my portal it shows the completion date but says its still "in progress" instead of saying "completed" and the test link is also still visible. Worried that it hasnt properly gone through or something ?!

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
The Weil VS application asks 'think of a current commercial issue that has recently attracted your attention. Why does it interest you, why do you consider it to be significant and how do you think this will impact Weil’s clients?'
Is it ok to discuss a commercial trend/ topic which isn't an 'issue'? (i.e. PE's interest in music rights as an asset class)
I asked Yohanna Wilson this question last year and she said this is fine - it's not a single-story prompt necessarily

Reactions: ar2r
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.