TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcApp97

Star Member
Dec 14, 2021
For those invited to CC's AC for the 2023 Training Contract, are you able to/have you booked an interview slot for the w/c 17 Jan? I was only able to book for w/c 10 Jan but would prefer booking in later (Though, I think 2024 and IGNITE may take place during the weeks after).
I was only able to book for w/c 10 Jan as well. Definitely not ideal as I have exams during that week as well!

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
I would also love to have this list, if anyone has some advice on strengths based interviews please PM me:)
Hi @hhh,

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to hearing more from on here 🚀. It is always great to see new members posting!

In answer to your question, myself, @Jessica Booker and @AvniD provided some advice on strength-based questions here.

I would also recommend checking out TCLA's question bank (as Avni linked in her post I link to) which will allow you to see the types of questions to expect and to practice (as this really is the secret to successful interviewing!).

Do tag me and/or the rest of the team if you would like any further help or guidance!

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Slaughter and May interview invite + Reed Smith VI !! :)

congrats. same here. i love how far in advance we have to prepare. will be my first ever AC

Same here! My first ever AC!
Congratulations @hellovacschemes (this name made me laugh 😅 ), @jellybelly and @machingkiubrian1234!

Do reach out if you would like any help/guidance in advance of your ACs. Definitely check out @Jacob Miller's articles as a start.

I interviewed with Slaughters and so did @AvniD so very happy to help on that front if you would like 👊

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 6
Nov 9, 2020
For those invited to CC's AC for the 2023 Training Contract, are you able to/have you booked an interview slot for the w/c 17 Jan? I was only able to book for w/c 10 Jan but would prefer booking in later (Though, I think 2024 and IGNITE may take place during the weeks after).
ah yeah im confused bc on the website said that interviews start w/c 17th and 24th ! im quite nervous now cos i have exams the weeks before so probably wont have much time to prepare for CC grrr :(

Peanut

Standard Member
Jul 30, 2020
Reed Smith PFO after SJT. I can't seem to pass the SJT for any firm. I've spent so much time on my application so it's really disheartening that something arbitrary like the SJT stops me from being looked at holistically. Does the SJT really mean anything anyway? Like, the values are always wrong for me and shouldn't I be able to learn on the job anyway?
I'm with you. Can't ever seem to pass the SJT. I agree, the Reed Smith PFO after the SJT is particularly brutal considering it was based on 8 questions alone. Could have done that 20 minute test before spending hours on the application and save us the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.