TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syw

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    For situational hypothetical interview questions, is it best to incorporate previous examples of where you have dealt with [x] problem? Or just simply stick to what you would do in that hypothetical situation?

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    My portal has changed to say that I have a VI but I still haven't had an email to confirm it and so have no idea of the details. Did you get an email confirming your VI? And is there a time limit to when you have to complete the VI by?
    Thanks for the heads up, just logged into my portal and I have the same :)

Reactions: isabel12144

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Just had the absolute pleasure of doing Simmons logic and verbal reasoning tests. Not sure whether I should laugh or cry or do both maniacally
    Ahahah, sorry for laughing..but your sarcasm really gave me a smile and I am having a very bad day!

I feel you, I did it too and it was an absolute slap in the face!

F99

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2021
    I was invited to AC, I didn't link mine at all explicitly, but one of my news stories was on a prominent practice area DLA focus on so I guess it was implicit, but I went in depth with the story giving predictions on what I thought would happen going forward with it, I also had very strong motivations for choosing that topic in particular and could link it to myself well, I think motivation behind the story is a particularly important component here, to me linking this question back to the firm seemed slightly artificial (although ofc it might be great in your answer) as for me it didn't flow naturally within the points I was making :)
    Thanks this is really helpful!

Reactions: ZaraB

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    My portal has changed to say that I have a VI but I still haven't had an email to confirm it and so have no idea of the details. Did you get an email confirming your VI? And is there a time limit to when you have to complete the VI by?
    Oh, me too! Surprising because I only did the test on Friday. Hopefully, we'll get the email tomorrow.

• 🏆
    Reactions: isabel12144 and OB

jellybelly123

Star Member
    Nov 1, 2021
    Hi! Would anyone be able to help in explaining what kind of test it is for Irwin Mitchell ie. competency/SJT/WG/video - I have no idea what it's like! Also, how long do you get to complete it? Thank you so much ☺️

21wajsz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 3, 2020
    w
    Same here and it says that I can record it now! Does anyone else have that and if so, does this mean that the time limit has start?

Reactions: isabel12144
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.