TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt_xo

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 20, 2020
May I ask how did you find it?
So I assume you mean the application form, its pretty straightforward as far as law firm apps go, some specific research on the firm is needed of course but then its just general talk about your skillset and why its suited to commercial law.

Reactions: S87

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
So I assume you mean the application form, its pretty straightforward as far as law firm apps go, some specific research on the firm is needed of course but then its just general talk about your skillset and why its suited to commercial law.
Thank you very much!

lilli

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
w

Same here and it says that I can record it now! Does anyone else have that and if so, does this mean that the time limit has start?
I also didn't get an email about my Irwin Mitchell VI but it was there when I logged onto the portal - I emailed grad recruitment and they said I had been sent the email on Wednesday (day after I completed my test) and said needed to complete it by this Wednesday...

• Wow
Reactions: OB

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
I was invited to AC, I didn't link mine at all explicitly, but one of my news stories was on a prominent practice area DLA focus on so I guess it was implicit, but I went in depth with the story giving predictions on what I thought would happen going forward with it, I also had very strong motivations for choosing that topic in particular and could link it to myself well, I think motivation behind the story is a particularly important component here, to me linking this question back to the firm seemed slightly artificial (although ofc it might be great in your answer) as for me it didn't flow naturally within the points I was making :)
Can I ask what you wrote about, out of interest? :)

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
In an SJT, is it aways better to choose the option where you take initiative than to reach out to a manager or a superior when faced with a difficult task?
I think it really depends on the situation. If you have multiple competing deadlines and there's a real danger you won't be able to meet any of them, then yes definitely reach out and let your supervisor know asap. If you need more context on the difficult task, then it's better to ask questions before you start. If, however, you have the tools to find the answer out but you just want someone to tell you what to do, then obviously use your initiative

lilli

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Just completed the Irwin Mitchell vi, it is both questions about why the firm and strength-based questions (how would you approach certain tasks etc). You are able to take breaks between questions and (horrifyingly) review the recordings on the portal.
Thanks for this! Do you remember how many questions there were? Just wondering how much time to set aside for it

Anoned

Distinguished Member
Nov 1, 2021
Just completed the Irwin Mitchell vi, it is both questions about why the firm and strength-based questions (how would you approach certain tasks etc). You are able to take breaks between questions and (horrifyingly) review the recordings on the portal.
Congrats TcApp97! May I ask when you applied?

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
Hey could I ask where you found this info? I recently sat their WG test for the Summer VS and was told to expect an outcome before the end of tomorrow.
It was on the email confirming submission of the application. Are you sure your WG wasn’t for the spring vs? I wasn’t aware they had sent WG out for summer

RkRk0681

Star Member
  • Mar 16, 2021
    Congrats to everyone with CMS ACs! I sent my app of earlier this month and completed the WG last week but haven't heard anything since! Do you think I left it too late, or might there be another round of VIs in the new year?

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Congrats to everyone with CMS ACs! I sent my app of earlier this month and completed the WG last week but haven't heard anything since! Do you think I left it too late, or might there be another round of VIs in the new year?
    Definitely not too late. I know of someone who applied a day before deadline and still went on to get a place on the vac scheme

• 🤝
    Reactions: F99, Anoned, AvniD and 2 others
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.