TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC03

Valued Member
Nov 24, 2021
Giving out PFO’s on Christmas Eve… jesus!
Yeah I believe A&O is too!

Jim Carrey Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For Baker McKenzie application one of the questions is to Select three key skills that you believe are critical to the role of a commercial lawyer. How have you developed these skills?

Those who were successful and got the Watson Glaser test invite did you talk about skills related to their values or did you just talk about skills in general relevant to a commercial solicitor. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Reactions: GXA123

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
    Dec 7, 2021
    For Baker McKenzie application one of the questions is to Select three key skills that you believe are critical to the role of a commercial lawyer. How have you developed these skills?

Those who were successful and got the Watson Glaser test invite did you talk about skills related to their values or did you just talk about skills in general relevant to a commercial solicitor. Thank you in advance for any advice.
    Hi, I talked about the skills in general relevant to a commercial solicitor, but tried to link them to the firm wherever possible (I think I linked one of the skills to the firm, but the other two were more general). Hope that helps!

• Love
    • 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and Asil Ahmad

User274302

Star Member
    Sep 12, 2021

I chose three key skills that I thought were crucial. Separated my response into a paragraph for each skill. In each paragraph I explained why it was an important skill and then explained past experience/situations I have been in which prove I have this skill. Hope that helps :)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi, I talked about the skills in general relevant to a commercial solicitor, but tried to link them to the firm wherever possible (I think I linked one of the skills to the firm, but the other two were more general). Hope that helps!
    I chose three key skills that I thought were crucial. Separated my response into a paragraph for each skill. In each paragraph I explained why it was an important skill and then explained past experience/situations I have been in which prove I have this skill. Hope that helps :)
    Thank you very much for this both of you it is really helpful really appreciate it a lot.

Reactions: Law2021vacschemer

OO28

Junior Lawyer
    Nov 4, 2019
    🥳🥳🥳Congratulations y'all! 🥳 🥳 🥳

Let me know if you need help to prepare!
    Thank you @AvniD !! What are your top tips for making sure we apply commercial awareness to the case study questions. I need to make sure I answer in enough detail and I need to be able to think on my feet a bit more, so do you have any advice for this? Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.