TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 28, 2019
Sorry to hear that you've been struggling with SJTs- these tests can be so hard and frustrating to crack, but the fact that you guys made it to the SJT stage, which less than half of all applicants do generally, is a testament to your abilities and skill. When you feel ready, please feel free to go through some links I'm including below for SJT preparation that you may find helpful-
  1. How to Prepare for SJTs- https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/scenario-based-assessment.2367/#post-30260
  2. Ways to approach SJTs- https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/situational-judgement-tests.1729/#post-14156
  3. Links to SJT practice tests- https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ssion-thread-2020-21.2170/page-343#post-49068
What does PFO stand for?

GS0W

Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2021
Hey has anyone who hasnt yet done the CMS VI been getting reminder emails to do it? I got one this morning saying its my last chance to complete it, getting a bit worried that the deadline is tonight as opposed to tomorrow at midnight. I was hoping to complete it tomorrow morning with a clear head

Vacationschemeapps

Esteemed Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hey has anyone who hasnt yet done the CMS VI been getting reminder emails to do it? I got one this morning saying its my last chance to complete it, getting a bit worried that the deadline is tonight as opposed to tomorrow at midnight. I was hoping to complete it tomorrow morning with a clear head
Hey don't worry about it. They send out reminders the day before the deadline if I remember correctly. The day of the deadline is always included for Launchpad VIs

• 🤝
Reactions: GS0W

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Does anyone know if we have to do the Latham test and submit the application both before the deadline or is it only to submit the application before the deadline. Also, does anyone know if they only screen your application if you pass their behaviour test or is their test like a competency-based test.

LEL

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 22, 2020
    Does anyone know if we have to do the Latham test and submit the application both before the deadline or is it only to submit the application before the deadline. Also, does anyone know if they only screen your application if you pass their behaviour test or is their test like a competency-based test.
    Not sure re first question, but best to send it sooner rather than later. The SJT is automatic, and it's quite a straightforward test, then they screen and invite you to VI if successful.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Not sure re first question, but best to send it sooner rather than later. The SJT is automatic, and it's quite a straightforward test, then they screen and invite you to VI if successful.
    Thank you very much for this. This is really helpful. How far did you progress in their application if you don't mind me asking.

atrumregina1

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 5, 2021
    Hi everyone :) Does anyone have any tips for the Latham behavioural assessment? Is it a usual SJT?
    Also how long did people need to complete this? Just need to know how to juggle this around work

ELSA19

Nov 7, 2021
    hi everyone! when a firm asks you where they should open their next office in an interview is this a hypothetical question or do you have to know all their offices and suggest a new one? i am asking this because i have an interview coming up and this firm in particular has offices almost in every country in the world so am really struggling to find a new one?

Ks36

Star Member
    Dec 14, 2021
    hi everyone! when a firm asks you where they should open their next office in an interview is this a hypothetical question or do you have to know all their offices and suggest a new one? i am asking this because i have an interview coming up and this firm in particular has offices almost in every country in the world so am really struggling to find a new one?
    They’re looking for your awareness of emerging markets - for this question India is always a good bet. As of now no large global law firms have offices in India - due to a certain piece of Indian legislation but if you do your research around this it should pay off!

Reactions: GS0W and GXA123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.