TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    NRF PFO post WG! Not how I wanted to start the week but… oh well 🤷‍♀️ View attachment 3757

I relate to this so hard that I made it a rule to not apply to firms that use online testing - especially if they had massive questions which they didn't even read my answers.

There is a really good list somewhere that highlights which firms do and don't - :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Hello! Happy new year all. I was just invited to Taylor Wessing's online assessment. I honestly have no idea what to expect (I keep getting told it's sort of like a 'game'). If anyone has any advice, tips or warnings it would be really appreciated! Have a nice day :)
    Its very similar to PwC's online testing - would recommend looking that up too.

Best thing you can do is not to get psyched out by it and avoid thinking of what they are looking for - their GR explained last year at their open day that they take it like they wanted 10 risk takers, 10 non risktakers etc... which is shown in the test scores. You cannot see this or where you are being tested like this so just do your best!

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and ZaraB

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    Sorry to hear but everything happens for a reason! I was rejected by my supposed top choice firm last year but now have a TC at a firm that, in hindsight, is better suited to me. I learnt that it's quite important to minimise emotional attachment to any particular firm, as far as that's possible - I actually knew relatively little about my top choice firm and now have a TC at an arguably 'better' firm that happens to be more aligned to my interests and values. So take the day to let the news sink in and then move onto the next one, I'm sure you'll get the TC that's right for you in the end 🚀
    Thank you for this @Kubed . I am a big proponent of 'everything happens for a reason' but this really hit me in the gut. I am glad that you got a TC at a 'better' firm though!!!!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I relate to this so hard that I made it a rule to not apply to firms that use online testing - especially if they had massive questions which they didn't even read my answers.

There is a really good list somewhere that highlights which firms do and don't - :)
    Think this needs updating but here is a rough guide folks!

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hello! Happy new year all. I was just invited to Taylor Wessing's online assessment. I honestly have no idea what to expect (I keep getting told it's sort of like a 'game'). If anyone has any advice, tips or warnings it would be really appreciated! Have a nice day :)
    Congrats! when did you apply?

am98

Jan 11, 2021
    Just finished Baker McKenzie's video interview.. the first video interview I've ever had, completely tripped up on my words although I got 70%-90% of the information across. With the last question I spoke too fast and stared at the camera like a deer in headlights:/ holding out some hope because I don't think the substance/information of my answers were too bad, it was just more of my nerves in the way. Any advice for someone who feels horrible after their first video interview?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.