TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    Hi, can I ask how people talk about open days in the work experience at a firm they are applying to? :) not sure how much depth I should go into as everyone will have done very generic things?
    I am not sure about others, but I just listed all the open days I went to. Then proceeded to highlight the key learnings that I gained and how that solidified my interest in/ expanded my knowledge of commercial law. For example, my experience in negotiating a SPA for a fictitious client or gaining exposure to various practice areas and the role of trainees in those areas. Also, given the broad exposure I gained in various types of firms I developed a better understanding of the type of firm I could see myself working in as per my interests etc..

That was just my approach, it may be completely wrong...I would be interested to hear other peoples approaches :)

Reactions: AvniD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.