TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manifestingaTC

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 5, 2020
    Hi, I asked to reschedule a telephone interview yesterday for another day as I woke up feeling extremely ill. I let grad rec know at 9am for my interview at 1pm, and asked to reschedule but have not heard anything since - but they definitely did not call me either. What should I do? I am concerned I came across as rude but I was really unwell.

awd1998

Star Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    Has anyone interviewed for Dickson Minto in the past and do you have any advice? Really struggling to find any information regarding recent work the firm has done given they don't issue press releases about any of there work.

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi @Jessica Booker and @AvniD could i ask your help on something?

I am applying to Covington and I need to write about a law that I like to introduce and need to state why I am interested.

I can only think about regulatory issues, do you have any tips on how to approach this kind of question?

Thank you
    I wouldn't overthink this- the firm is primarily looking for you to demonstrate your thought process and depth of interest rather than to judge you on your choice of topic. Anything works as long as you're able to justify your interest- what sparked it, sustained it etc.

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Here we gooooo! Congratulations everybody!!! 👏 👏 👏 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳

Please do share your tips/experiences here on the forum- we'd love to hear and learn from your thoughts!

Sharing some resources for y'all in case you need help to prepare-
    I just received Linklaters Spring VS AC!!!!!!! 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

HSF AC!!!

Linklaters Spring VS AC!

Just been invited to a Gibson Dunn interview!!!!! :eek::eek:

Anyone who has had experience with the CMS AC, please do message me! It's my first ever AC and I'm not entirely sure how to prepare, so any insight would be so so welcomed!

Links AC for Spring! 😄

Ashurst TC offer post Winter VS ! So happy

freshfields wg

AC invite for Macfarlanes! My first ever :)

AC for Macfarlanes!! Over the moon.

Does anyone have any tips on how to impress? I’m in the US so I have to do it from 4AM-9AM 🥲🥲

Wahoo! Through to strengths assessment and verbal reasoning tests for Mayer Brown direct TC.

is this very similar to other firms’ situational judgement test / critical thinking? Like Linklaters’?

Macfarlanes AC!! any tips???

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    I wouldn't overthink this- the firm is primarily looking for you to demonstrate your thought process and depth of interest rather than to judge you on your choice of topic. Anything works as long as you're able to justify your interest- what sparked it, sustained it etc.
    Oh thank you for your response.
    Having been adopted, I was thinking about mentioning the obligation of providing genetic information for kids who are going to be adopted.
    It is seems a bit weird but, for example, I would feel safer if I want to have a child. I could also give the opposite argument and argue that this could discriminate potential adoptees. The problem is to show the interest!

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Is BCLP's test automatic?

This is what I found on their website "If we like your application form, we will then ask you to complete our online test."

But this is what the email says "As part of the screening process, we require all candidates to take our online test."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.