TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi there,

I have just been promoted in my role, however the promotion takes effect in March. I need to send an updated CV for a TC application. I was wondering if it is possible to write "promoted to [x], effective [x]" on a CV or can you not put on future achievements?

@Jessica Booker do you have any insight?
Has the firm asked you for an updated CV? If not, I don’t think you need to update them.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    I've just applied to 7 firms and feel like it's drained all my energy and time😭 like how do people manage to do 20+???😭
    I’m on 15, aiming for 20 while working full-time. I definitely feel like it’s preparing me for the hours of commercial law but it is doable especially if you draft enough answers, by the end of January you can send off applications in 3-4 hours!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.