TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Thanks for the reply! Would you mind me asking when you applied & heard back? for TW I applied on the deadline (lol) but not sure whether I should pop an email over to grad rec to check on the status of my app or if I should just wait it out
    I applied on 22/12 but I have seen people applying on the deadline and progressing so do check I would say :) hope you hear good news soon.

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Does anyone have experience with Akin Gump and their interview process?
    Hi @Arche172372,

What would you like to know? Very happy to give some insight. I am afraid I cannot reveal too much so as to maintain the integrity of their application process etc.

Great to hear that you have progressed through. Akin are a fantastic firm. Would fully and whole-heartedly recommend them!

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Apologies if it is a bit of a dumb question but do firms review AC performances at a rolling basis and those who have their interviews scheduled towards the end at a disadvantage compared to those who attend first? I understand it might differ from firm to firm, however, just trying to get a general idea if people know anything about this! Thank you.
    Hi @lawful_neutral216,

I presume that this has been answered already (I am currently working through the forum so apologies if so). I will leave answering this to @Jessica Booker who I am sure has responded already!

I just wanted to say there are no stupid posts on this forum. No need to excuse a genuine query! The community is here to support you 🚀

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    HL are officially driving me crazy submitted my WG early dec and no response yet. why don't they just send the PFO :( they haven't been sending ACs based on time because I have seen people applying on the deadline getting Acs earlier.

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Does anyone know what remuneration system Freshfields uses? Is it lockstep?
    Hi @Law2021vacschemer,

I thought I would draw out a few articles I read on this recently. Seems like a lot of more traditional UK firms are increasingly dropping the Lockstep model in an effort to retain talent that may otherwise escape to US firms.

I hope these are helpful 🕺

1. Law.com (behind a paywall although I believe you get one free article per month!
    2. FT article

AP2000

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    I applied on 22/12 but I have seen people applying on the deadline and progressing so do check I would say :) hope you hear good news soon.
    Thanks for the reply! Would you mind me asking when you applied & heard back? for TW I applied on the deadline (lol) but not sure whether I should pop an email over to grad rec to check on the status of my app or if I should just wait it out
    I'd second what @GXA123 said. Of course I'm guessing they received a huge chunk of the applications on the last day so maybe they're just still going through the pile of applications- if you're getting really worried about this then I'd say email. :)

@GXA123, do you have any guesses when they'll start sending out AC invites? The wait is slowly killing me. And how did you find the GBA?

Last edited:

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    I haven’t heard a peep since submitting my app on 25/12. Not sure what if I should expect a PFO at this point.
    Fwiw they got slammed with a tonne of closing-week apps upon returning from holiday + have some VIs and a few ACs from early applicants in the mix now, wouldn't read too much into it at this stage

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    I'd second what @GXA123 said. Applied on the 3rd Jan, heard back on the 11th. Of course I'm guessing they received a huge chunk of the applications on the last day so maybe they're just still going through the pile of applications- if you're getting really worried about this then I'd say email. :)

@GXA123, do you have any guesses when they'll start sending out AC invites? The wait is slowly killing me. And how did you find the GBA?
    I am not sure when but from checking the forum from last year I would say end of Jan and early Feb! my report turned out quiet interesting. how about yours?

Donuttime

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 17, 2021
    HL are officially driving me crazy submitted my WG early dec and no response yet. why don't they just send the PFO :( they haven't been sending ACs based on time because I have seen people applying on the deadline getting Acs earlier.
    This could be a good sign because from this forum they usually reject straight away

• Love
    Reactions: GXA123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.