TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
Hello! I just received an AC invite for DLA Piper but it’s in Manchester? As far as I remember I applied for the London office — I’m so confused since, apart from the location of the AC, they do not mention which office I’m applying to anywhere. Has anyone received an invite with similar information or has any insight into this?
Congrats on the invite!!

Arf1309

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2022
Hi, if anyone has any experience with Irwin Mitchells VI I would be grateful for any advice/tips :) thank you
Hiya! I did it a few weeks a go :) I would say it is quite an intense VI as it is seven questions long. The nice thing about it is that you can press record yourself so you don't have that really daunting timer that you usually get in other VIs. One thing to watch out for is that it is designed to be done on your smartphone so I would definitely practice talking and taking videos on your phone if you can! In terms of questions I would definitely make sure that you have a good knowledge on the firm and the reasons why you have chosen the firm. Apart from that all the other questions are situational judgement ones so hard to prepare for. My best piece of advice would be to get used to speaking in front of a camera! Good luck!!

saraleslie26

Standard Member
Jun 7, 2021
Hello! I just received an AC invite for DLA Piper but it’s in Manchester? As far as I remember I applied for the London office — I’m so confused since, apart from the location of the AC, they do not mention which office I’m applying to anywhere. Has anyone received an invite with similar information or has any insight into this?
I also received an invite to the Manchester office today but applied for Birmingham. Presume that they are just holding the assessment centre in Manchester as I did not pick Manchester as either of my preferred locations.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    This may sound like a stupid question sorry for asking this. I have to do Linklaters test by end of tomorrow night is that right. I am thinking it is tomorrow night but just to be sure 100%.

Fuelled By Caffeine

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 3, 2020
    When asked on an application form if you have previously applied to that firm for any other position, am I required to mention that I applied (unsuccessfully) for an Open Day at the firm? Or does this not count as 'a position'?

starman

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    I also received an invite to the Manchester office today but applied for Birmingham. Presume that they are just holding the assessment centre in Manchester as I did not pick Manchester as either of my preferred locations.
    Same here! What would be the point of holding an AC in a different city though?

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Does Skadden expect you to write in full sentence for the two questions regarding positions of responsibilities and interests/hobbies outside of work.

I bullet pointed my answers. I hope I don't Get marked down :(

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    Does Skadden expect you to write in full sentence for the two questions regarding positions of responsibilities and interests/hobbies outside of work.

I bullet pointed my answers. I hope I don't Get marked down :(
    I bulled pointed too. There was no guidance and it made sense. Would be surprised if they marked us down for this.

Reactions: BeGrateful.101
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.